Talk

Advanced search

Shall I keep this kaftan I got in the next sale or not? Will I wear a kaftan? Do you?

(8 Posts)
bozza Wed 25-Jul-07 21:27:55

Am going on hols to south of France. First chance of decent sunshine for years. I have never worn a kaftan before but now I am a 34yo MO2. I am very fair skinned so thought I may need to cover up but have always just had sarongs in the past.

So, anyway, I ordered this kaftan from Next - bargain, £12 down from £35. It is white cotton with mother of pearl stuff down the front. But it is knee length. Is that too long? Should I search (with limited time and funds) for a shorter one, be happy with this one or not bother at all?

What d'ya think?

lou33 Wed 25-Jul-07 21:31:20

can you post a pic?

MrsBadger Wed 25-Jul-07 21:32:43

I have a brown one with gold sequins - tis mid thigh lnegth and I wear it as a top over jeans as it's too short to wear alone
Keep it

dressedupnowheretogo Wed 25-Jul-07 21:33:31

i have a skinny belt i use for head band also so i can wrap my katans shorter or long and tie my hair back but not all at the same time

lou33 Wed 25-Jul-07 21:34:49

i have a few btw of varying lengths, they are good for beaches, and in winter i use them as nighties when i get cold

alycat Wed 25-Jul-07 21:36:23

I faffed around for ages trying to decide kaftan/sarong - staying at posh hotel, not as slim as used to be and like a quick cover up when wandering around always done sarongs in the past.

Picked up a cheesecloth Monsoon one and nearly fainted at the £40 tag, got a black Next one with buttony things down the front then found a lovely black cheescloth bardot style (can be worn off the shoulder) one from BHS (gasp)took back the Next one.

Virtually lived in mine all hols,no sarongs round our hotel pool - although all the wealthy lwl types had bright Pucci ones as sold in the hotel shop for £250CY (approx £300GB!!!)

Good luck, have a fab hol.

bozza Wed 25-Jul-07 21:38:25

See that was what put me off lou. The fact that it did rather look like a nightie. But I am getting overall positive vibes.

lou33 Wed 25-Jul-07 21:39:29

no lol they dont look like them i just use them as such in iwnter, getting value for money!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now