Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Will Boots Optician let me buy from the children’s range of frames?!

(4 Posts)
Appuskidu Fri 12-Jan-18 13:49:55

I must have a really small head (!) or something but the glasses I have been trying on all look really wide-even the petite range from Specsaver. I saw a really nice pair in the kids’ section of Boots earlier though-will they let adults buy them?! I have a recent prescription from my optician.

bluemosquito Fri 12-Jan-18 13:51:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MikeUniformMike Fri 12-Jan-18 13:52:38

I can't see why not. My sister had a kids frame once but I can't remember where she got them from.
If they refuse, I'm sure you could just buy the frame and get somewhere else to put the lenses in. I used an online company for the lenses and it was very reasonable. Aboutb £10 IIRC.

lovemylover Sat 13-Jan-18 10:22:27

Yes,most opticians will, i have the same problem, i go to vision express, also they are cheaper in general than most

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: