Talk

Advanced search

Makeup on coat collar - help!

(5 Posts)
MsHippo Fri 12-Jan-18 09:19:28

Whenever I wear full makeup (I.e. foundation, powder etc...) I find that I get a grubby looking smudge of foundation/powder around the collar of my coat. I normally wear a scarf to prevent this but I have a new coat with a gorgeous collar that I don't want to spoil the line of by wearing a scarf. Does anyone have any tips to stop it transferring to my collar in the first place, or to clean it off again afterwards? Thanks a lot S&B gurus!

MsHippo Fri 12-Jan-18 09:55:47

Hopeful bump!

CriminallyCharmed Sat 13-Jan-18 08:53:23

I don't know how to stop the initial transfer, but I found shaving cream suprisingly effective at getting out makeup stains. Just wet the stain and rub in a small amount of the shaving cream, it might take a few repetitions but I've had luck getting out old stains from white tops before. Good luck.

MsHippo Sat 13-Jan-18 21:43:06

Ah thanks for that! I also find baby wipes quite effective!

GetTaeBed Sat 13-Jan-18 21:47:29

My coat this year has a high collar. Once i have put my makeup on i get a tissue and run my neck , jaw to take off any excessive foundation. Seems to be doing the trick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now