Advanced search

Decent (not novelty) Christmas jumpers for dd (teen 14 yrs)

(20 Posts)
Sludgecolours Wed 29-Nov-17 11:53:52

I am looking for a couple of decent jumpers I can buy for my dd this Christmas. She is a ladies size small, so about a 34 or a 36 for a sloppier effect.

Actually, I should probably have titled the thread "seeking traditional winter jumper" rather than "Christmas jumper" because I don't want to buy a jumper that will only be worn during the Christmas holiday (and she would refuse to wear anything "silly" anyway!)

I'm looking for fairly traditional designs and I love this one here. It is exactly the sort of thing I am looking for - and presumably good quality - but the ££££ is a bit steep.

Any other suggestions? I don't mind paying £50-7O. Has to be an on-line shop as I live in continental Europe.

Thank you in advance for any links/recommendations/places to look!

Sludgecolours Wed 29-Nov-17 13:42:00

skippy67 Wed 29-Nov-17 13:44:31

Marks and Spencer have some decent ones.

Bluebell1981 Wed 29-Nov-17 13:48:42

Do a search for fair isle jumpers and see what comes up. I have a nice one that's fairly similar design to the one you linked to, only with an attached collar - got it from ASOS a couple of years ago.

Caulk Wed 29-Nov-17 13:50:43

Fat face have some.

Sludgecolours Wed 29-Nov-17 16:11:35

Thank you so much for all of those suggestions! Much appreciated! Will go and have a look... .

Yes of course Bluebell "fairisle" is what I should have Googled, thank you, couldn't remember the term!

Everyonelovessparkles Wed 29-Nov-17 18:37:55

Warehouse and monsoon have some nice ones but they might be a bit too sparkley - stars etc

AnyFucker Wed 29-Nov-17 18:38:56

Sludgecolours Wed 29-Nov-17 18:43:19

Thank you for more suggestions - yes dd wants day wear rather than sparkly knits - will have a look around though thanks.

MarieLaure Wed 29-Nov-17 19:26:10

I got a of really nice "Christmas" (fairisle with just a hint of sparkle) jumpers in TK Maxx recently.

Rhubarbginn Wed 29-Nov-17 19:31:55

Jack Wills.

2gorgeousboys Wed 29-Nov-17 19:37:04

I've just bought one from H&M with good wool content. Otherwise ASOS, Boden, White Stuff all had some in.

JuneFromBethesda Wed 29-Nov-17 19:37:17

This might also be too sparkly but I've just ordered this beauty from Dotty P - I don't do Christmas jumpers but this was low-key enough for me.

Allthebestnamesareused Wed 29-Nov-17 19:59:49

Jack Wills and Fat Face have some fair isle style winter jumpers

MinnieMinchkin Wed 29-Nov-17 21:06:26

Primark had some the other day. Obviously don't know what the quality is like, but a 14 yo might well grow before next winter grin

Sludgecolours Thu 30-Nov-17 00:49:53

[Just staggered back to computer] Thanks so much everyone for more great suggestions! Will investigate them all properly tomorrow and make some decisions!

Having had a v quick initial first look though, must admit that this is really nice (100% wool) from Jack Wills and a bargain in the sale!

Sludgecolours Thu 30-Nov-17 00:50:48

And although we were not after sequins, that Dotty P one looks lovely actually!

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Thu 30-Nov-17 00:53:34

I've had two nice ones (one cream/navy/red and one cream/light blue/light grey) from Laura Ashley.

Sludgecolours Tue 05-Dec-17 18:04:47

Yes I am buying tentatively MinnieMinchkin because I am not quite sure if she has stopped growing or not. Same problem with teen cousins; they want clothes for Christmas but I'm always worried about the sizing.

Sludgecolours Thu 14-Dec-17 22:26:09

Just coming back on here to report that I bought this Fatface one in the end for DD here.

It has some nylon in it but there's a fair whack of wool and cotton too.

I liked this one better but I asked her to choose in the end - less risky that way as postal charges expensive here. I was quite surprised she went for one with a Rudolf nose but heigh ho!

Btw, the reindeer jumpers keep lurching from available to unavailable on FF website (as rtns come in I guess) but they are also available for sale on the John Lewis website.

Thank you for your help everyone- it was great to be able to look at so many links - made the purchase v painless!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now