Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tall boots/wellies with substance but also style

(4 Posts)
SkeletonSkins Thu 09-Nov-17 21:53:54

Hi all, I've got an old pair of Hunter boots, not quite wellies as they're a bit tighter round the leg. They're ancient and Hunters just don't seem to have the same substance these days. I'm after some waterproof boots that I can wear comfortably for dog walks (quite heavy use) and don't fall apart but also look nice enough! Any suggestions?

MoonlightandMusic Thu 09-Nov-17 22:47:04

Well, does very much depend on budget, but I've found the various companies below to have v.good outdoor boots (I used to ride/wander around the countryside a lot).

Ariat
Dubarry - although possibly not as long-lasting as they used to be
Timberland My current pair of Timberlands were bought ten years ago, have been lived in and seen me through mud, snow and apres-ski and still going strong.

Friends also swear by Mountain Horse boots too but I've never tried them personally.

DonkeyOaty Thu 09-Nov-17 22:52:29

Omg those Mountain boots are lovely. how much?! turns sofa over and shakes out loose change, looks sad

MoonlightandMusic Thu 09-Nov-17 23:11:02

Ah, but just remember Google search is your friend.
At this time of year I tend to look at NZ/Aus sites mind you as they are ditching winter kit for summer so you can pick up a few nice things in sales.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now