Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a faux fur coat...

(6 Posts)
trainedopossum Wed 08-Nov-17 00:23:53

Feeling flat and rubbish and like I need a bit more rock and roll in my wardrobe so thought a colourful faux fur might help. Ideally looking for mid-length and big lapels, maybe in blue or green, but I don't fancy black, brown or red.

This one is divine but the colour is odd (irl it's a bit plummy/bricky) and I don't think I can carry off the yellow version: shop.mango.com/gb/women/coats-coats/lapels-faux-fur-coat_13055016.html

This one is good quality but the colour is a bit insipid and I fear it will get filthy: www.warehouse.co.uk/gb/clothing/jackets-and-coats/teddy-faux-fur-coat/028841.html?dwvar_028841_color=50&tlk=(PID-GO626203377)_(CID-GO46979225969)&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1f25_dit1wIVDDobCh1U_AZ9EAQYASABEgJVUfD_BwE

Bought this one today (the colour looked great in the shop) but I think I will return it. It looks bulky and cheap: www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/clothing-427/longline-borg-coat-7118539?bi=0&ps=20

This looks amazing but no lapels: www.freepeople.com/shop/magnolia-coat/?category=SEARCHRESULTS&color=240

Any thoughts? Do they all look like dressing gowns?

EraArils Wed 08-Nov-17 01:20:06

I love a good faux far coat. I recently bought this green one, its currently 30% off so not too much of a risk.
Blue one
Hobbs red one

Monzeitia Wed 08-Nov-17 06:26:59

I saw lots in TK Maxx yesterday, one specially caught my eye, a black one similar to the blue one from Yumi, didn't buy it even I was very tempted as I cannot justify getting another coat

trainedopossum Wed 08-Nov-17 16:33:41

EraArils ooh yes, the green one is nice. They're all nice, but I want a good strong bit of colour.

Monzeitia yes well, I'm trying not to think about that aspect of things! My coat wardrobe is pretty full too. If the hanging bar fell down nothing would move.

KeiraTwiceKnightley Wed 08-Nov-17 16:38:13

Agree with the pp about tkmaxx. Also my local charity shop has a couple at the moment. Worth a punt?

trainedopossum Wed 08-Nov-17 17:19:23

KeiraTwiceKnightley yes, not a bad idea. I'm looking online at the moment but tbh you really need to see them in person as the texture and appearance of fake fur can vary so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now