Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Beautiful dress... but rubs around the arm holes

(6 Posts)
custardlover Sat 07-Oct-17 23:43:48

Ugh - is there anything I can do? I bought the 8 which fits perfectly around the body but rubs (and leaves red marks) under my arms - do I have to get the bigger size, although it won’t look as nice in the body? It’s this and is a Bardot style neck but has a thin band of latex or rubber around the neckline and under the arms which I think is doing it. I was thinking about those blister-prevention sprays (which I’ve never used) - might that help? Does anyone have any bright ideas about under-arm chafing? THANKS!

Mosaic123 Sun 08-Oct-17 00:42:25

Can you put sticky tape over the latex strip or peel it off somehow?

ElfrideSwancourt Sun 08-Oct-17 07:16:20

You could try putting some micropore tape on your underarms where it rubs.

Loopytiles Sun 08-Oct-17 07:17:40

Have it altered?

custardlover Sun 08-Oct-17 08:53:58

Hmmm, just looked up micropore tape - never heard of that; it’s worth a shot, thanks!

I’m worried about peeling the latex or having it altered as I might just ruin the dress when I could just change it for the 10 which doesn’t look as nice but better than me butchering it.

Alternatively, what’s the recovery time from underarm liposuction?

holdthewine Sun 08-Oct-17 09:16:51

grin to the liposuction! A competent alterations person should be able to ease the armhole. If you love the dress it’s worth it. If you put on here where you live someone will have a recommendation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now