Talk

Advanced search

Best eye make up remover for waterproof mascara

(10 Posts)
LadyOfTheCanyon Fri 19-May-17 21:13:25

I've got some Max Factor 2000 calorie waterproof for holidays in the vain hope that I can look a bit decent round the pool. When I've used it in the past it's been a bastard to get off.

What do you recommend?

Two caveats : biophase stuff makes my eyes go like runny eggs and tinting my eyelashes does naff all, I need the definition of mascara.

Thanking you in advance!

missjoanie Fri 19-May-17 21:16:49

Vaseline. It's all I ever use. Cheap, effective and won't irritate your eyes.

Avasmummy16 Fri 19-May-17 21:20:55

I always use a little bit of baby oil, it removes any mascara very easily.

findingmyfeet12 Fri 19-May-17 21:22:36

I use a L'Oréal make up removing oil. I massage it in and wipe it off with a damp flannel.

Chesterfuckingdraws Fri 19-May-17 21:24:15

Nivea do one that's fab for waterproof makeup, i can't remember the name but it's blue and clear liquid you shake to mix then use on a cotton pad, really good and doesn't leave an oily film over the eyes afterwards.

LadyOfTheCanyon Fri 19-May-17 21:32:16

I'm very cheap intrigued by the Vaseline option!

A hot wrung out flannel does seem to deal with most cleansing problems, it's true.

Manijo Fri 19-May-17 21:48:24

I use Max Factor 2000 calories and only use Body Shop Camomille Eye make up remover. It is mild on the skin and completely non-greasy.
Have used both for more than 20 years.

bingohandjob Sat 20-May-17 08:28:10

Use a balm cleanser with a hot wrung out flannel (the muslin cloths they come with are too mimsy - buy a cheap pack of flannels from Ikea or supermarket instead). I swear by Eve Lom but heard good things about Superdrug's own brand.

GimbleInTheWabe Sat 20-May-17 08:30:18

I use the Charlotte tilbury eye make up remover. It's great as everything comes off in basically one swipe of a cotton pad but, of course, it is pricey.

AgainPlease Sat 20-May-17 08:58:18

Clinique - Take the Day Off makeup remover for lids, lashes, and lips x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now