Talk

Advanced search

Need help with what to wear

(7 Posts)
Cuckoo23 Sun 14-May-17 11:42:19

I am going to my husbands works family weekend away! I have no idea what to wear! I am not very confident with people I don't know and much better if I feel I look OK! I will prob have to shop and no idea where to go! I am 42 and a size 8/10! Help!

mysteryfairy Sun 14-May-17 13:04:08

Where are you going? What activities are planned? Do you have little children to run after? Are you a tall or short 8/10?

Cuckoo23 Sun 14-May-17 19:00:32

We are going to a hotel where activities are planned! Not sure what but don't have to get to involved. I am 5ft 7. Kids are 11 and 8 so don't need to run after as lots of kids there.

travailtotravel Sun 14-May-17 20:04:54

Are you having "dinners" and things when there? ie do you need evening as well as day wear?

Day wear honestly you can't go wrong with jeans or chinos and a top if you are doing 'activities'.

bojorojo Sun 14-May-17 21:13:25

Cotton chinos cut to your ankle and leather plimsoles. Breton T shirt or fitted shirts. Cardigan for a cover up and a rain jacket for outside. Jeans and suede ankle boots would also work. In the evening wear a dress and heeled pumps. You could find suitable examples of everything at Boden! Just keep away from their bold prints!

junebirthdaygirl Sun 14-May-17 21:39:09

Just jeans and a few tops. Something warm. And a dress for dinner but not too formal. At 5' 7" and size 8 to 10 you must have lovely clothes already. So favourite jeans and you will feel comfortable.
Swim suit if you going swimming with the dc.

eurochick Sun 14-May-17 22:14:37

I'd go with smartish jeans. Newish jeans that are not too faded or battered, a non scruffy top and some ballet flats or something like that. That would be a pretty standard outfit at my work retreats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now