Talk

Advanced search

Purses and card holders

(8 Posts)
PNGirl Fri 12-May-17 09:53:56

I'm in the market for a new purse - my black Osprey is so old it's worn smooth when it was supposed to be a grainy leather.

I'm a bit stuck though as I have a lot of cards to carry, but need something that's not 20cm long as I sometimes wear small crossbody bags. Does anyone use a separate card holder (to hold at least 10 cards) they can recommend? Do you ever forget to put it in your bag alongside a normal purse/wallet?

bojorojo Fri 12-May-17 10:25:45

I have one from Aspinall and it holds 6. It is slim though! It is useful because my purse gets stuffed full of loyalty cards these days.

A really good source of card holders is Selfridges on line. There are loads at very different prices!

I have just treated myself to a Gucci purse from Bicester village! (Smythson there is also a good source but you may be miles away from BV). My new purse was a great price and has a compartment for everything including lots of cards. It is fairly large but again Aspinall have a good selection and different sizes.

With small cross body bags or any small bag, I use a zipped compartment in the bag for a purse! Just ditch the bulky one for the day! I mostly don't use small bags though!

PNGirl Fri 12-May-17 11:15:36

Hadn't thought of Selfridges - they have some great ones! I'm in Wiltshire so not too far from Bicester but I've never been.

silkpyjamasallday Fri 12-May-17 11:49:57

I am also in the market for a new purse, so watching with interest. I have had mine since I was 12 blushand it looks so grubby and tatty. I've been looking at card holders too as I tend to carry a small crossbody bag now I have Dd rather than the huge bags I used to use. I just can't find anything with as many pockets and sections as my current one so am reluctant to get a less capacious one and get annoyed and I worry I'd lose a tiny card holder.

PNGirl Fri 12-May-17 12:11:54

I'm thinking small purse/wallet to carry credit card, debit card, ID and cash with a separate card holder for loyalty cards, Odeon Limitless card, AA breakdown card, etc. Looking at Fossil for the purse.

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Fri 12-May-17 12:17:10

I also have an aspinal card holder, plus a big ted baker purse. The card holder has credit card, 2 debit cards and 2 loyalty cards that I use most often (Waitrose and Shell grin). I take it out of my weekday bag at the weekend when I use a much smaller bag. I never use cash. If I did I'd probably get a separate coin purse as it would seem a bit pointless to have a small wallet and a big wallet.

OCSockOrphanage Fri 12-May-17 13:26:00

Ogon Designs for RFID safe card cases.

SesameSparkle Fri 12-May-17 14:03:23

Ted Baker do very good small purses, if you are after a compact one to fit in a small bag or pocket.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now