Talk

Advanced search

Fake tan recommendations

(5 Posts)
footballmum Sun 16-Apr-17 10:41:02

I'm off on holiday in 5 weeks and haven't had time to expose my legs that have been encased in opaque tights for the entire winter to a bit of sun. So, can any of you experts recommend a good fake tan? I'm a bit wary of them as I'm a red head. I'm not very pale but my skin has a yellowy/beige undertone and I'm quite freckly. When I catch the sun I go more of a gold than a brown. Do you know of any that aren't going to look horribly fake and will match my skin tone? I'm also a bit of a novice so something that doesn't require a huge amount of skill to apply! I'll pay up to about £25.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 16-Apr-17 11:12:37

You could try sienna X gradual tan. Red heads or people with freckles need a red based tan but the only one I know of is Vani-T Fusion which is professional use only. They do a fake tan to use at home though but it's a suit all one.

La Tan do a gold tan but I'm not sure if they do a retail range.

First rinse after use is water only & wash in a sls free shower gel. Sls removes oil from the skin, the skin drys out and the fake tan basically falls off.

jeaux90 Sun 16-Apr-17 11:16:09

I'd go for the fool proof clarins drops. You put them in your normal body or facial moisturiser and can top up to build the depth of colour you want. I am rubbish with fake tan products and have the orange fear too so this product is perfect if you are a fake tan idiot like me grin

footballmum Sun 16-Apr-17 12:13:06

Thank you both. The Clarins drops look good. A little bit more than I wanted to spend but they've got great reviews on Amazon so I might invest.

jeaux90 Sun 16-Apr-17 16:26:07

I would, they last ages and I have bought them both again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now