Talk

Advanced search

Mid Thigh Shorts?

(15 Posts)
talksensetome Mon 10-Apr-17 11:58:40

I really want some shorts that I can wear out of the house this summer, I am not ready for knee length shorts but nor do I want my backside on show for all and sundry to see.

I can only find hot pants or knee length with turn ups.

Anyone got any lovely shorts this year?

mrszebrastripe Mon 10-Apr-17 12:08:53

Sorry I can't help but am piggybacking your post as I am after some myself!

neveradullmoment99 Mon 10-Apr-17 12:11:10

I have lovely black ones from Hush. They are pricey and sure that you could get ones that are similar elsewhere.

www.hush-uk.com/womenswear/daywear/trousers_shorts/tulum_shorts_black.htm

There are a few other shorts that are length appropriate on the Hush website including the jeans ones with the turn ups [longer version] I have them from last year and they are really great. At the very least they can give you ideas of what to look for.

talksensetome Mon 10-Apr-17 12:34:34

Thanks Never I will head over and check it out. I don't mind paying as they will get plenty of wear.

MrsZebra you wouldn't think it is so hard to find shorts of a decent length. I wear my hotpants on holiday but not for nipping round Tesco...

mrszebrastripe Mon 10-Apr-17 13:00:17

Exactly - no one needs to see my but cheeks on the school run!

mimiasovitch Mon 10-Apr-17 15:13:28

The last few years I've found some like that in Tesco. I'm really hoping they deliver again this year. I actually find that length far more flattering on my less than perfect pins than longer ones.

talksensetome Mon 10-Apr-17 16:09:23

mimiasovitch Thanks I will try there too. I am short (5ft 2) so knee length swamp me.

GeillisTheWitch Mon 10-Apr-17 16:20:50

These any good? They have a few different colours of them.

talksensetome Mon 10-Apr-17 16:29:29

Geillis there are a couple of pairs there that would suit, thank you!

GeillisTheWitch Mon 10-Apr-17 16:36:03

I've recently bought some of those for my holidays, I can't wear short shorts or the dreaded chub rub kicks in blush.

SecretNortherner Mon 10-Apr-17 16:48:16

I've just bought some nice ones from next.

burnishedsilver Mon 10-Apr-17 16:50:26

Gap are usually good.

danTDM Mon 10-Apr-17 16:52:46

Mango have some they call 'mediano', which look very nice.
I got a pair two years ago that were great quality and not short, short but certainly not knee length!

I'm going for a nose tomorrow. I think we're after the same thing.

rizlett Mon 10-Apr-17 16:54:02

asda usually have some good cheap and cheerful ones..

talksensetome Mon 10-Apr-17 16:54:41

Brilliant thanks everyone, lots of places for me to look. Think it is time to branch out from ASOS, BooHoo and Newlook.... I am getting older aren't I!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now