Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Mid Thigh Shorts?

(15 Posts)
talksensetome Mon 10-Apr-17 11:58:40

I really want some shorts that I can wear out of the house this summer, I am not ready for knee length shorts but nor do I want my backside on show for all and sundry to see.

I can only find hot pants or knee length with turn ups.

Anyone got any lovely shorts this year?

mrszebrastripe Mon 10-Apr-17 12:08:53

Sorry I can't help but am piggybacking your post as I am after some myself!

neveradullmoment99 Mon 10-Apr-17 12:11:10

I have lovely black ones from Hush. They are pricey and sure that you could get ones that are similar elsewhere.

www.hush-uk.com/womenswear/daywear/trousers_shorts/tulum_shorts_black.htm

There are a few other shorts that are length appropriate on the Hush website including the jeans ones with the turn ups [longer version] I have them from last year and they are really great. At the very least they can give you ideas of what to look for.

talksensetome Mon 10-Apr-17 12:34:34

Thanks Never I will head over and check it out. I don't mind paying as they will get plenty of wear.

MrsZebra you wouldn't think it is so hard to find shorts of a decent length. I wear my hotpants on holiday but not for nipping round Tesco...

mrszebrastripe Mon 10-Apr-17 13:00:17

Exactly - no one needs to see my but cheeks on the school run!

mimiasovitch Mon 10-Apr-17 15:13:28

The last few years I've found some like that in Tesco. I'm really hoping they deliver again this year. I actually find that length far more flattering on my less than perfect pins than longer ones.

talksensetome Mon 10-Apr-17 16:09:23

mimiasovitch Thanks I will try there too. I am short (5ft 2) so knee length swamp me.

GeillisTheWitch Mon 10-Apr-17 16:20:50

These any good? They have a few different colours of them.

talksensetome Mon 10-Apr-17 16:29:29

Geillis there are a couple of pairs there that would suit, thank you!

GeillisTheWitch Mon 10-Apr-17 16:36:03

I've recently bought some of those for my holidays, I can't wear short shorts or the dreaded chub rub kicks in blush.

SecretNortherner Mon 10-Apr-17 16:48:16

I've just bought some nice ones from next.

burnishedsilver Mon 10-Apr-17 16:50:26

Gap are usually good.

danTDM Mon 10-Apr-17 16:52:46

Mango have some they call 'mediano', which look very nice.
I got a pair two years ago that were great quality and not short, short but certainly not knee length!

I'm going for a nose tomorrow. I think we're after the same thing.

rizlett Mon 10-Apr-17 16:54:02

asda usually have some good cheap and cheerful ones..

talksensetome Mon 10-Apr-17 16:54:41

Brilliant thanks everyone, lots of places for me to look. Think it is time to branch out from ASOS, BooHoo and Newlook.... I am getting older aren't I!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: