Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gap sizing - consistent?

(4 Posts)
Freddyfredfred Tue 04-Apr-17 11:06:24

Hi,

I've seen a few things on the Gap website that I'd like to order. I ordered a couple of tops in a medium a few months ago and they drowned me, so I assume in tops I'd get a small. But are they consistent? If I'd fit a small in a top, would I be a small in a dress? I've seen a dress I like the look of, it says the model is wearing a small in the picture. I am not model sized. I am a curvy, 5ft6, size 12 on average. Probably not a small 12 at the moment either. I have a Gap cardigan that's about 10 years old, that's a medium and it's a little snug. It could have shrunk a bit over the years though.

I wish clothes everywhere fitted exactly the same......

EssentialHummus Tue 04-Apr-17 11:13:20

I find them consistent, and the sizing generous across all lines.

PS - they have a sale on today (which they do frequently, so no pressure) - 30% with ALLGAP.

elfofftheshelf Tue 04-Apr-17 11:14:07

I find Gap sizing runs large. I'm a pear shaped 12 and can get away with their tops and cardigans in a Small, dresses I usually go for the Medium. Jeans sizing is also large - as i wear their true skinnies in a 28. Hope this helps.

Freddyfredfred Tue 04-Apr-17 11:27:12

Thanks, I've got a few hints to go on. The dress I like, I think I'll go medium.

Anybody tried non jeans trousers there?

TVM for tip about sale!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now