Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What's the best way to cover a few greys?

(5 Posts)
Hairyhat Mon 13-Mar-17 17:19:49

A friend has jet black hair and needs to know what to buy to do her own grey hair covering. Should she go for a permanent dye straight away or would you advise a wash in wash out could work? She doesn't have many to cover. She's not on MN and a hair dye virgin.

Nettletheelf Mon 13-Mar-17 17:30:53

The volume of grey hairs is only going to increase so she might want to investigate a few strands of a lighter brown to disguise them?

That's what I've just done. I have very dark brown hair and a few greys. I realised that if I went for a block dark colour, not only would I be dealing with roots every couple of months but the colour might become less flattering as I get older. I'm really pleased with the result.

Hairyhat Tue 14-Mar-17 13:37:19

Thanks for that. Sounds like a good idea. I'll pass the message on. I think she said she didn't want to change hair colour but I will suggest it anyway. What brand of hair dye do you use?

Hairyhat Tue 14-Mar-17 15:24:33

Do you use permanent dye Nettle?

Nettletheelf Tue 14-Mar-17 23:14:56

Yes, and the hairdresser put it in! I am too hamfisted to do stuff like that properly so I got the professionals in.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: