Talk

Advanced search

What's the best way to cover a few greys?

(5 Posts)
Hairyhat Mon 13-Mar-17 17:19:49

A friend has jet black hair and needs to know what to buy to do her own grey hair covering. Should she go for a permanent dye straight away or would you advise a wash in wash out could work? She doesn't have many to cover. She's not on MN and a hair dye virgin.

Nettletheelf Mon 13-Mar-17 17:30:53

The volume of grey hairs is only going to increase so she might want to investigate a few strands of a lighter brown to disguise them?

That's what I've just done. I have very dark brown hair and a few greys. I realised that if I went for a block dark colour, not only would I be dealing with roots every couple of months but the colour might become less flattering as I get older. I'm really pleased with the result.

Hairyhat Tue 14-Mar-17 13:37:19

Thanks for that. Sounds like a good idea. I'll pass the message on. I think she said she didn't want to change hair colour but I will suggest it anyway. What brand of hair dye do you use?

Hairyhat Tue 14-Mar-17 15:24:33

Do you use permanent dye Nettle?

Nettletheelf Tue 14-Mar-17 23:14:56

Yes, and the hairdresser put it in! I am too hamfisted to do stuff like that properly so I got the professionals in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now