Talk

Advanced search

Swimsuit with build in sports bra?

(9 Posts)
mrsmortis Sun 05-Feb-17 20:09:43

I'm here to pick the collective brain. I hope that someone here can help.

My current swimsuit is a shockabsorber. It's a few years old and starting to look distinctly the worse for wear. So I logged on to figleaves today to replace it only to find that they don't seem to make them any more.

So I need recommendations for a good quality swimsuit with an inbuilt sports bra (for Aqua etc.). I'm in a 36F. I'd prefer one without underwire but I am open to that if needed. It needs to be able to cope with 3 - 5 swims a week without falling apart in 6 months.

Thanks for your help.

mrsmortis Mon 06-Feb-17 10:39:57

bump...

Anyone?

TooDamnSarky Mon 06-Feb-17 10:45:07

My best one was made by speedo, bought at bravissimo.
They don't have exact one in stock any more but have other similar ones.

onemorelindor Mon 06-Feb-17 10:53:04

Sweaty Betty does a few with in-built support. I have the Dolphin one and find it to be comfy and flattering.

AutumnalLeafs Mon 06-Feb-17 14:03:05

Lands End do one with a built in shelf bra. I bought one after having someone rave about it on here and it is very good. I think it's called tugless but if you search on MN for Lands End and swimming you'll probably find the thread.

The other thing (not for swimming but for aqua/ jumping) is you could buy some black tri-shorts or swim shorts and pair with a black sports bra. It looks just like a bikini top. If you felt too self conscious there are plenty of rash vests or swim tankinis to go over the top.

AutumnalLeafs Mon 06-Feb-17 14:06:37

Yes it is called Lands End Tugless.

I can't find the thread I read myself but similar comments here:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/163572-i-need-a-swimsuit-that-actually-holds-in-big-norks

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1649647-Can-anyone-recommend-a-swimsuit-for-me-A-sporty-one-for-exercise-size-18

pileoflaundry Mon 06-Feb-17 14:25:38

I use a hefty bikini top (by Speedo) under my swim suit.

starrynight123 Mon 06-Feb-17 15:48:50

Have you tried Bravissimo? I've got a big bust and don't like my boobs moving about too much when I'm swimming, and a swimsuit from Bravissimo did the trick!

mrsmortis Tue 07-Feb-17 09:45:17

Thanks, everyone. The reason that I'm asking is that there isn't anywhere in my home town that stocks this sort of swimsuit in my size. So I can't just go and look at them.

onemorelindor - I'm worried about the sweaty betty ones because they don't do cup sizes. My experience is that that won't provide enough support. Has anyone else tried one of them.

AutumnalLeafs - Thanks - I'll have a look at those.

starrynight123 - I've not tried any of Bravissimo's own swimsuits. But I've used them in the past for bras. Do you know the name of the style you have?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now