Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Could anyone suggest a similar shade to this lipstick?

(7 Posts)
MarvellousMycroft Sun 15-Jan-17 18:03:17

Ages ago I bought a lipstick at a Virgin Vie party, it was a MLBB shade called champagne truffle and the only lipstick I've ever completely finished. Virgin vie no longer exist, and I've never found another shade I like so much - could anyone suggest one similar, up to about £25?

The colour is bottom row, second from left in the first picture, and it's also the lipstick in the last picture.

asianbeautifier.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/virgin-vie-colour-book-lips.html

nebulae Sun 15-Jan-17 18:11:38

I'd ask this on Mrs Gloss & The Goss on FB. What that lot don't know about make up isn't worth knowing. Good luck.

knitknack Sun 15-Jan-17 21:01:19

Oooh that's a lovely colour! I try for colours similar to that one, although a touch less orange? My current fav is Rimmel's colour rush balm in 'nit an illusion'

knitknack Sun 15-Jan-17 21:02:09

Sorry, that's 'NOT an illusion'!

CaitAgusMadra Sun 15-Jan-17 21:14:20

Bobbi Brown Blondie Pink...doesn't look exactly like the colour in the palette bit looks v similar on my lips to the lip picture in the link

MarvellousMycroft Sun 15-Jan-17 21:19:51

Brilliant thanks, I will try both of those. I was actually looking at a tester of Blondie Pink yesterday, but wasn't quite sure.

Lucked Sun 15-Jan-17 21:20:24

Chanel coco rouge Teheran? I think coco is too coral but worth a trip to a Chanel make up counter. They are £26.

I have found quite a few make up counters still waiting to replenish stock since Christmas when I went looking for new lipsticks last week. Might be worth waiting till February.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: