Talk

Advanced search

What product do I need?

(7 Posts)
IWillOnlyEatBeans Tue 10-Jan-17 10:37:06

I am 39 and my skin is no longer as lovely as it used to be!

I don't wear a lot of make up, but would like to get some kind of base that smooths and 'perfects' my skin and provides a decent base for my powder - but I don't want it to be tinted. I have tried various bb creams in Boots, but they all turned quite foundation-y when rubbed in (even ones that started off purple in the tube!!).

I have no idea if such a thing even exists, or what to google - any suggestions would be much appreciated...

Softkitty2 Tue 10-Jan-17 15:12:59

Clarins facial oil; bobbi brown and mac have just recently brought out skin oils aswell so you can have a look-- the oil does not sit on top of the skin and does not appear oily.

If you have a charlotte tilbury near you ask for a wonderglow sample.

MoreProseccoNow Tue 10-Jan-17 18:02:04

I like Clinique Pore Minimiser; it gives a Matt coverage without being as heavy as foundation.

AngelicCurls Tue 10-Jan-17 18:04:31

Second the pore minimiser, it works miracles on my t zone to stop it being an oil slick after a few hours, although I find I have to top up/blot by the end of the day

Rollypoly100 Tue 10-Jan-17 18:19:42

I've just bought Stila's Illuminating foundation (10 watts) in the M&S sale. Yes, I know it's foundation but it's very light coverage, makes my skin look lovely and I've had lots of compliments!

IWillOnlyEatBeans Wed 11-Jan-17 08:19:27

Thanks for these suggestions! Will check them out...

thethoughtfox Wed 11-Jan-17 08:28:40

Smash box Photofinisher Primer - they have different ones for different needs even out your skin and are meant for perfecting skin for under make up. Garner Nanoblur ( bought this on a Youtube beauty person's recommendation) is only a fiver and makes skin all lovely and silky as well as minimising fine lines and pores.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now