Talk

Advanced search

Hairdresser hair dye

(5 Posts)
Horsemad Mon 02-Jan-17 23:46:44

Pretty much every time I have my hair coloured, I can see that my roots (which are really grey/white) still show as a slightly lighter colour.

So it would appear my hairdresser's dye doesn't do a perfect job of covering them up.

Are there certain dyes which are better for stubborn grey's? It annoys the hell out of me when I can still see a lighter shade down my parting!

Please say there are!

llangennith Mon 02-Jan-17 23:50:05

Same here. Home dyes do a better job. I'm told home dye kits have a higher peroxide volume, hairdressers use lower volume to protect the hair. This works fine with non-white hair but white hair needs higher volume peroxide to open the hair shaft for the colour to penetrate.

Horsemad Tue 03-Jan-17 00:03:45

I have never dyed my hair myself - scared!!!

lovelyshinyhair Tue 03-Jan-17 00:08:09

I use this and and have done for years it covers very well:

http://landnhairproducts.co.uk/italy-aquarely-permanent-hair-colour-cream-100ml.html

Mix it with It&ly developer and apply to the roots. Same as what they use in my hairdressers. My hair grows very fast so I do just the roots at home myself every few weeks. I sometimes buy it off eBay if they have my shade in stock.

lovelyshinyhair Tue 03-Jan-17 00:09:05

Forgot to say I use 20 vol developer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now