Talk

Advanced search

Desperately need help

(7 Posts)
Kn33 Thu 29-Dec-16 12:16:02

I suffer with dry skin, dark circles and no matter what coverage I use nothing seems to cover the redness of my cheeks.
Used a lot of different stuff but nothing ever seems to sit 'smoothly' on my skin and really struggling to find a decent moisturiser that doesn't leave me blotchy and dry.
Please help me with must haves?
Christmas money is being spent on an entire make up bag update!!

BeauHeaux Thu 29-Dec-16 12:56:28

Exfoliate gently, then start with a decent moisturiser. Boots will sort you out. The French pharmacy brands are usually good. Embryolisse moisturiser is nice under makeup and very moisturising. Avene I think do an anti redness moisturiser which basically is a regular moisturiser with a hint of a green tinge. You could also get a green colour correcting primer, to put on after moisturiser but before make up.

Bluntness100 Thu 29-Dec-16 12:58:13

I'd also agree a colour correcting primer on your cheeks may be the answer.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 29-Dec-16 13:11:35

I use nyx Orange under eye corrector, get the shade to match the circles not the skin tone though. I have bad dark areas and got medium because I'm pale but really I need dark next time.

Softkitty2 Thu 29-Dec-16 14:43:10

I suggest you exfoliate, use moisturiser/ primer before make up application and yes use a corrector and then apply foundation..

PaperdollCartoon Thu 29-Dec-16 14:46:33

I've had a bad skin year so I've been trying to find things too. Sukin facial moisturiser and Lush Celestial Moisturier are both now essentials.

Also good primers, No7 have a great green primer which will help the redness, and a silicony primer like Smashbox original primer, Benefit pore one (can't remember the name) or Gosh primer will all help your skin look smoother.

PaperdollCartoon Thu 29-Dec-16 14:47:51

Also make sure you're gentley cleansing with a cream or miscellor water morning and night and moisturising after

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now