Talk

Advanced search

Instant Tooth Veneers

(7 Posts)
absolutelynotfabulous Thu 29-Dec-16 10:36:06

I have advertisements for these following me around the internet. They cost about £200 and I'm tempted. They are basically very thin dentures based on an image of your own teeth.

Any experience? Would I look like Dick Emery doing the vicar impression? <shows age>.

I think they're called Instaveneers or something.

FannyFifer Thu 29-Dec-16 10:40:56

They look utterly ridiculous from the ads I've seen.

absolutelynotfabulous Thu 29-Dec-16 11:16:15

I've only seen one ad. They look ok-or at least ok enough to tempt me! I've got a slight overbite already, though....may end up looking like Bugs Bunny.

Do dentists do these? Never heard of it before.

GinAndOnIt Thu 29-Dec-16 11:45:22

I looked into it when I first saw them advertised, as my teeth are horrible but I'm in a vicious circle of never being able to afford cosmetic treatment because the initial health treatment costs so much and they're never going to get better until they're straightened/moved/fixed.

I think there's a reason veneers are normally so expensive though. And I haven't seen any dentists recommending them which concerns me. I did also ask what happens if they arrive and they don't fit/aren't comfortable, and you will basically just lose your money as they are tailor made.

(I also think a lot of people who post videos of themselves with them in sound odd, and they look too big for their mouths)

Summer23 Thu 29-Dec-16 13:09:57

Some cosmetic dentists offer payment plans. Much more affordable this way and worth it in the end.

CaraAspen Thu 29-Dec-16 15:14:23

www.relatably.com/m/img/false-teeth-memes/pkskw.jpg

Heatherjayne1972 Thu 29-Dec-16 17:41:44

Personally I would stay away. But do chat with your dentist about it before you do anything

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now