Talk

Advanced search

New foundation suggestion please?!

(22 Posts)
NavyandWhite Mon 26-Dec-16 15:51:59

Had Chanel forever but it's not doing anything for me these days. Skin is "older" womans ahem.
Want something amazing 🤔🤗

Tarrarra Mon 26-Dec-16 15:56:05

What coverage do you want? Do you need moisturiser? Any particular issues with redness or veins?

NavyandWhite Mon 26-Dec-16 15:58:15

Medium coverage, skin is quite dry now.. thanks.

Temporaryanonymity Mon 26-Dec-16 16:01:36

I was in a rush the other day to get a train for a work trip and had forgotten my foundation. Ran into Boots and the No 7 consultant suggested one of their range. She matched my skin colour with a gadget and after a quick discussion about my skin (dryish) she suggested one of theirs. It's perfect and I love it.

NavyandWhite Mon 26-Dec-16 16:02:58

Oh ok thanks!

doodlejump1980 Mon 26-Dec-16 16:03:13

I've recently discovered bare minerals. Fantastic natural coverage. Skin glows. Basically a tinted moisturiser. Love it!

Tarrarra Mon 26-Dec-16 16:03:54

I'm liking a tinted moisturiser and powder foundation combo from Laura Geller for winter. Estee Lauder doublewear is nice and creamy for skin that needs plumping too. You do need to give them all a try, so if I were you, I would collect some samples from the beauty counters and try a few out.

BestIsWestofBedfordFalls Mon 26-Dec-16 16:06:03

I really like Lancome Teint Miracle. Very light coverage but quite glowy.

NavyandWhite Mon 26-Dec-16 16:06:42

I tried BM a while in the store and wasn't sure.. it might have been the way the assistant put it on though. I looked a bit strange grin

Anyone tried Charlotte Tilbury?

MrsMarigold Mon 26-Dec-16 16:07:09

Chantecaille, gel one for older skin,although the £60 pot doesn't last long.

NavyandWhite Mon 26-Dec-16 16:09:50

Thanks for all these. Will get reviewing 🤓

witwootoodleoo Mon 26-Dec-16 16:14:46

Another vote for Chantecaille (sp?). The Future Skin is amazing. Very hydrating and makes my skin glow without being shiny or greasy. You can build up coverage as needed. Totally worth the money. A pot lasts me a couple of months used everyday.

NavyandWhite Mon 26-Dec-16 16:16:38

Do JL sell it?

JellyWitch Mon 26-Dec-16 16:25:03

I like By Terry.

user1482261465 Mon 26-Dec-16 16:28:12

My skin is quite dry and I recommend Clinique "even better" foundation or clarins natural radiance for high end. Or day to day I use rimmel match perfection which I really like.

NavyandWhite Mon 26-Dec-16 16:30:06

Cool thanks everyone.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Mon 26-Dec-16 16:31:57

Laura mercier candle glow.
I also like the YSl Touche Eclat, I do have the one before the reformulaton, so am not familiar with the current one.

NavyandWhite Mon 26-Dec-16 16:34:57

I have had the LM tinted moisturiser some time ago which I loved. Will look at the foundation, thanks.

JennyHolzersGhost Mon 26-Dec-16 16:41:09

I use Cover FX. It's a pigment which you add to your own moisturiser. It works perfectly and solves the whole issue of getting both colour and consistency right - this way you only have to worry about the shade.

JennyHolzersGhost Mon 26-Dec-16 16:42:13

And you can go from almost sheer to full cover, entirely up to you each day how much pigment to mix into your moisturiser. Which is also perfect if you want to be versatile in how heavy your coverage is.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Mon 26-Dec-16 16:42:39

Chantecaille Tinted Moisturiser has quite a bit of coverage too, and is good for dry skin.

Bobbi Brown Balm is lovely as well.

BunnyDog Wed 28-Dec-16 17:28:59

For skin on the older side (!) I never go wrong with Estee Lauder. Double Wear is full coverage but I like to just use a little, it goes a long way and blends to a 2nd skin over a rich moisturiser. Double Wear light is excellent too - its more moisturising and light/medium coverage. The colour range is extensive, I have really pale skin and they have lots of close matches.

For me once I have the right colour match sorted, its all about how it goes on and feels on my skin during the day - some are really drying and others just slide off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now