Talk

Advanced search

Everyday coat

(9 Posts)
MsVanRein Wed 16-Nov-16 16:16:06

I'm looking for suggestions for a nice stylish but practical coat for everyday wear so something fairly warm, preferably waterproof but nice also.

Doesn't have to be bang on trend, when I say stylish I just mean maybe a bit nicer than the waterproof I have for walking!

I had a lovely black one last year with a nipped in waist and fur trim but struggling to find anything similar.

Colour wise I don't mind, black or navy would be probably most wearable but I don't mind colours at all!

Think you in advance wise and stylish ones grin

MsVanRein Thu 17-Nov-16 15:52:17

Bumping! Anyone?

Snoopysimaginaryfriend Thu 17-Nov-16 19:05:11

What kind of style, length, colour would you like? What's your price range? Any specific requirements such as waterproof, hood etc?

Rinmybell Thu 17-Nov-16 19:07:17

A Barbour perhaps? I got bought one 4 years ago with lovely lining and it has kept so well and is the only coat that doesn't look like crap by the end of winter!

Snoopysimaginaryfriend Thu 17-Nov-16 19:13:06

I wear my Barbour almost every day. It's the classic shape but is from a collaboration with Christopher raeburn so has a very subtle pattern to it upclose which makes it quirky enough to be special to me.

I got it off eBay, practically brand new at £70.

It doesn't have a good but I always have DD in a sling so carry an umbrella anyway. I also have the fleecy insert so I can wear that with it on colder days, makes it more versatile

Snoopysimaginaryfriend Thu 17-Nov-16 19:14:30

Hood not good.

I also have a Didrikson angelina parka for walking the dog or proper, nasty winter days.

MsVanRein Thu 17-Nov-16 19:27:44

Length preferably to the hips or just below bum. A hood would be best.
Price range anything up to about £200 but obviously the more inexpensive the better as I can spend the money elsewhere!

I will have a look on Barbour website - patterned one sounds pretty, wonder have they had any recent collaborations.

LiquidCosh Thu 17-Nov-16 19:39:49

I have this
www.dv8fashion.com/item/Tommyhilf/Navy-Padded-Coat/DPVB and can honestly recommend it for warmth and everyday wear. I can throw it on over anything and it smartens me up, even gym wear! I always get loads of compliments when wearing it too.

MsVanRein Thu 17-Nov-16 19:42:23

Oh that's lovely actually Liquid. Thanks!

I love my old coat and just struggling to find something which I can fire on with anything as have loads of dressy coats but nothing everyday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now