Talk

Advanced search

Stylish rucksack?

(20 Posts)
Hermano Tue 08-Nov-16 08:30:28

Is there such a thing?

I'd like a good quality, ideally nice looking rucksack. Must fit a laptop but probably not carrying one everyday.

I like fairly plain designs, am considering brown leather (as a concept, haven't seen one I like yet).

Any ideas?

RusholmeRuffian Tue 08-Nov-16 08:42:53

I love a Fjallraven Kanken myself but it depends on the size of your laptop.

hellsbells99 Tue 08-Nov-16 08:43:41

My DD has this one
www.johnlewis.com/mi-pac-gold-tumbled-backpack/p2913714?colour=Black

CallarMorvern Tue 08-Nov-16 09:08:05

MiL bought me a Kanken years ago, I think they are really poor value, awful uncomfortable straps and very basic, but I have been coveting other Fjallraven rucksacks and live the fox logo. I just use a North Face Isabella or Borealis when I need to hoik my laptop about, but they don't win any fashion/style stakes. DD has a plain turquoise Benetton one that is a bit nicer, I bought that one in TKMaxx.

CallarMorvern Tue 08-Nov-16 09:09:07

* love not live! I don't live any logo lol.

Snoopysimaginaryfriend Tue 08-Nov-16 09:38:45

My DH bought me a sandqvist. The one I have is dove grey with tan leather detail on the zip. Even my DM thinks it's nice and she's still broken hearted her thirty year old daughter has never owned or worn a handbag

Mrsmorton Tue 08-Nov-16 09:49:56

Knomo is v smart and I always feel like a grown up when I use it. Could fit a laptop in mine but without a case. Also the smart shoes fit in as well for a long commute.

Dulcimena Tue 08-Nov-16 10:02:16

I keep looking at this one but haven't actually seen it in person. Would love to hear from anyone who has seen it or has it.

MackerelOfFact Tue 08-Nov-16 10:19:22

I was admiring this on someone I was standing behind on the escalator on the Tube the other day, looked lovely on and now I really want it.

CallarMorvern Tue 08-Nov-16 11:23:30

Thanks to the person who posted the Surfdome link, can't believe the selection of backpacks on there, gave up less than half way through. Definitely revisiting when DD needs a new bag.

CallarMorvern Tue 08-Nov-16 11:31:01

Quite fancy this one, which is a less bling version of Macarel's suggestion.
www.surfdome.com/the_north_face_-_the_north_face_w_electra_-_-250465

Or this S-Zone one which is subtle, with a bit of leather.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00N2RBRPA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478604464&sr=1-1&pi=SY200_QL40

Hermano Tue 08-Nov-16 14:18:49

Wow thanks! Loads of ideas and many in the family-xmas-budget of ~35 per person blush

I will have to good ogle of each option on the train tonight.

Thanks v much

Softkitty2 Tue 08-Nov-16 15:53:38

Herschel.. Amazing colours and very popular..

Mbear Tue 08-Nov-16 19:42:02

I got a Rapha one recently - a really great bag. It's a cycling brand, but not all luminous yellow!

Quietlyalert Tue 08-Nov-16 19:48:21

Second vote for Knomo, I love mine - quite expensive but fantastic quality.

CallarMorvern Tue 08-Nov-16 22:43:58

Apologies for mangling the spelling of Mackerel. blush

BagelGoesWalking Tue 08-Nov-16 23:54:13

Another vote for Herschl. DD got one via Urban Outfitters with a 20% discount over the summer. She's been using it since college began, fits a hell of a lot in there, separate sleeve for laptop, comfortable padded shoulder straps which the Fjallraven ones don't have, very important imo when she's lugging it around all day long.

Hermano Thu 10-Nov-16 14:46:53

Ok lots more things to google tonight.
Thanks again

FormerlyCatherineDeB Thu 10-Nov-16 14:50:53

This is mine, have bought DD one for Christmas as she tries to use mine when I am not looking. A bit over your budget but they do have reductions.

Hermano Thu 10-Nov-16 15:41:32

Ooh lots of different colours on that patagonia one!

Don't be put off by my Xmas budget comment, I could ask DP to get it or buy it myself thus allowing a much bigger budget wink

It would just be handy if in-laws could be given a suggestion as they require ideas of pretty much exactly £35 in value to be sent to them by early Dec yes that's as much fun as it sounds

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now