Talk

Advanced search

On the theme of 'too old to wear', what about a denim button through dress?

(10 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Tue 25-Oct-16 21:16:19

I quite fancy one but not really sure whether it would be a wardrobe staple or a mistake. Thinking dark denim, with black opaque tights and ankle boots or tan knee boots. I don't think I'd wear barelegged I just don't have the legs for it.
Keeper or future kondo?!

HalloToJasonIsaacs Tue 25-Oct-16 21:20:09

Length? Be aware that button through dresses are a PITA to sit down in because they suddenly reveal an extra 6 inches of leg/knicker. I've got a maxi one which I've been wearing for twenty wars and which they will have to prise from my liverspotted nonagenerian hands.

HalloToJasonIsaacs Tue 25-Oct-16 21:20:58

Years, not wars.

keeponkeepinon Tue 25-Oct-16 21:21:38

Just above knee, a line. I've managed to post twice, thought this thread hadn't worked, whoops!

HalloToJasonIsaacs Tue 25-Oct-16 21:22:38

Try it on and sit down in it before you decide.

keeponkeepinon Tue 25-Oct-16 21:24:10

Is yours short or long sleeved?

Boogers Tue 25-Oct-16 21:25:42

Jo Brand was wearing one in last week's episode of Damned. I think she wore it with black leggings and it really suited her and I wish I knew where she got it from as I'm the same size as her.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 25-Oct-16 21:26:53

I have one, and I've never considered if I'm too old for it... I'm 26. It's long sleeved but thigh length, and I tend to wear it either with bare legs and sandals or coloured tights and tan boots.

I like it. It's flattering and warm.

whattheseithakasmean Tue 25-Oct-16 21:29:02

I have a summer denim button through dress and I'm 49. It is v short when I sit down, right enough, so tends to be reserved for hot weather casual attire. Which basically means on holiday. I do like it though.

keeponkeepinon Thu 27-Oct-16 18:30:13

What do you think of this ?
Do you think it would look too bulky on all but tiny sizes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now