Talk

Advanced search

How to dress chic for a night out?

(12 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Sat 22-Oct-16 15:07:43

With dark skinny jeans as a base, what would you put with it to look chic?
Been reading about parisian chic and looking effortlessly stylish. It's easier to achieve for daytime I think. And how to achieve this for the ample of bosom?
But what about for a trot round the local pubs/bars with friends?

What design qualities do you think one should look for? Are flowery prints too much? Much of what you see that is truly chic is generally very simple plain or stripe or simple design. Not complex and flowery. Plain black is easy but so boring and draining and can make a person look like a block.

Any thoughts/interesting blogs or books that you know of?

CaitAgusMadra Sat 22-Oct-16 15:49:29

Not flowery I think. I'd probably go for a plain silk shirt in navy, plum or a rich Jewel colour. If gaping is an issue with your chest maybe a deep v buttonless blouse style.

To be honest I think it is harder to pull off this look with a big chest as the Parisienne types on Pinterest all seem to be pretty flat chested

keeponkeepinon Sat 22-Oct-16 15:57:14

I think that's right about being flat chested. I've got a couple of tops with a floral design on them and I'm looking at them thinking, are these just a bit, loud?
Never really thought about it before but I hate cheap prints and I'm wondering if I am drifting into that territory. When I bought them I thought they were pretty florals but doubting them now.
But anything plain might just be a bit boring and a shirt tends to make me feel matronly!
I love a simple breton top, comfy and covering with a bit of design.
What's the evening out equivalent?

CaitAgusMadra Sat 22-Oct-16 18:25:12

I aspire to a simple chic look (not sure if I achieve it though!). I tend to go for clothes with understated detailing, plain but with something a bit different e.g. Double pleat on back of tops, unusual cuff or buttons, oversize roll neck etc... Not sure if I've explained that very well TBH.

I also love delicate gold or silver jewellery, only costume mainly. I like Dinny Hall, often find similar style stuff in Cos and Whistles. I find it can really lift a plain outfit.

A good bag is also essential

Shenanagins Sat 22-Oct-16 18:55:25

I was thinking that a grey/silver (not bright silver if that makes sense) spaghetti sleeve cami top might work?

rightknockered Sat 22-Oct-16 18:58:05

I would wear a silky top with long trumpet sleeves, a black one

MaidOfStars Sat 22-Oct-16 19:24:00

A really good shirt. Silk or similar, 3/4 or blouson sleeves, wide cuffs with buttons, proper collar, deep colour.

neveradullmoment99 Sat 22-Oct-16 19:35:41

This blouse With a small extremely delicate diamond necklace and these shoes jigsaw

BabooshkaKate Sat 22-Oct-16 20:01:23

White silk blouse with rolled up sleeves and high heels.

rightknockered Sat 22-Oct-16 21:44:12

I wouldn't wear heels on a pub crawl though. I'd probably try to get away with trainers. Blingy heeled ankle boots? I've seen some glittery ones somewhere. Maybe navy or a red top if you don't like black. Perhaps one with frills?

CaitAgusMadra Sun 23-Oct-16 08:01:21

What about a stripe top half tucked into a (p)leather pencil skirt?

NeonPinkNails Sun 23-Oct-16 08:51:41

I know Hush is becoming a bit of a S&B cliche but I ordered their wrap shirt with a similar occasion to yours in mind and it's spot on - quite plain and simple but beautiful colours and a very flattering cut. Maybe worth a look?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now