Talk

Advanced search

Are these worth £100? And if not, have you seen any similar but cheaper?

(14 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Wed 19-Oct-16 12:58:51

Ordered these a bit ago and I think they are lovely and feel very comfy on an initial try on. But they are far more expensive than I would usually pay. Do you think it's a reasonable price for them and if not, have you seen any cheaper but very similar alternatives? Are dune usually good quality? Trying to think of price per wear if I have them for years to come!

JaneNG Wed 19-Oct-16 13:06:03

I think you could do a lot better, try Bicester village, you'll find top brands for a lot less

keeponkeepinon Wed 19-Oct-16 13:18:58

Got to be off Internet, never get chance to go out shopping!

PotatoBread Wed 19-Oct-16 15:26:29

There are lots of cheaper leather alternatives between £35-70 but they are just regular-ish Chelsea boots. Yours have a nicer heel and elastic bit. Whistles do a vaguely similar pair but for £185. I would say £100 is about right for those boots.

Dune OK for quality

BusterGonad Wed 19-Oct-16 15:31:18

I think they are a bit pricey, but I've never worn Dune so I don't know if the quality is there.

CakeNinja Wed 19-Oct-16 15:48:17

I think they're priced reasonably for dune. I've spent far more on taller boots from there, but also on just heels, so you're getting a fair amount for your money.
I think footwear is worth spending on though as in my experience, but cheap, buy twice.

ManonLescaut Wed 19-Oct-16 16:33:58

I think it's a fair price, but Dune shoes tend to be uncomfortable ime and not particularly good quality.

keeponkeepinon Wed 19-Oct-16 16:42:34

They are smarter than a usual Chelsea with the heel and shape of the elastic. I've really not seen anything quite the same anywhere else.

ManonLescaut Wed 19-Oct-16 16:48:31

£100 for ankle boots is good value. If you like them and find them comfy go for it.

PotatoBread Wed 19-Oct-16 16:49:51

If you can afford them I vote for keep them smile they are slightly different and nicer than the bog standard Chelsea

keeponkeepinon Wed 19-Oct-16 17:07:43

I suppose if you think about it in terms of price per wear. I'm buying boots with a view to wearing at least twice a week. (Live in converse or ankle boots mostly). I should hope they would last a good few years.

Nearlyadoctor Wed 19-Oct-16 17:11:29

I have the same ones in tan, bought them from House of Fraser for £99 at the end of August, because of the colour and my extensive boot collection have only worn them twice so far. They are lovely, so comfortable and easily worth the money imo.

keeponkeepinon Wed 19-Oct-16 17:52:21

The tan are lovely and normally these would be the colour I'd go for but I need something smart that will go with black tights.

Ladybirdbookworm Fri 21-Oct-16 01:45:40

Lovely boots - I love the heel

I really like Dune and have a pair similar to these
I find them really comfortable and good quality

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now