Talk

Advanced search

Good men's shirts following the demise of Austin Reed

(8 Posts)
onewhoassociates Sat 08-Oct-16 11:26:21

Obviously this is a hugely subjective post, but any thoughts re: the above.

I used to use TM Lewin, but then wasn't happy with their quality, I then moved onto Austin Reed, but since their demise am left without an 'official shirt supplier'.

I guess the specific reason for posting this is a Charles Tryhwhitt booklet that has come through.

Is the bottom line that Lewin/CT/Hackett etc. are all much of a muchness occupying the value end of the formal shirt market?

Any thoughts on Savoy Taylor's Guild too?

SelfLoadingFreight Sat 08-Oct-16 16:58:05

I like Charles Tyrwhitt, good quality at a reasonable price. Sure it's possible to spend a lot more, but is it necessary?

TheWoollybacksWife Sat 08-Oct-16 17:08:45

Charles Tyrwhitt shirts are really good and I think they are currently 4 for £90 (the usual offer is 4 for £100). The non-iron ones are brilliant and they do a choice of sleeve length too.

Stopyourhavering Sat 08-Oct-16 17:16:59

My dh loved Austin Reed and was devastated by their demise as he used to get his suits ( not off the peg!)and needs double cuff shirts for work , has been buying from Hawes and Curtis as well as Charles Trywhitt and TM Lewin...sadly Thomas Pink do fewer double cuff shirts now and are too expensive for every day wear!!

ZazieCats Sat 08-Oct-16 20:17:41

God only knows where DH will get a suit next time he needs one...

Don't rate CT shirt quality I'm afraid, go tatty fairly fast. TML bit less stylish but harder wearing. Brook Taverner serviceable but dull.

Statelychangers Sat 08-Oct-16 20:27:08

Thomas Pink are great, wait for black friday, sales etc. Sometimes M&S do a good double cuff in white.

lapsedorienteerer Sat 08-Oct-16 20:29:16

They may have left the High Street but they are still available online here

thehugemanatee Sat 08-Oct-16 20:33:02

I like Hawes and Curtis. I don't know about men's shirts but their women's shirts are really nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now