Talk

Advanced search

Too early for black tights at a wedding?

(8 Posts)
superworrier Mon 05-Sep-16 15:56:56

Going to a wedding in the Uk this month and I'm wondering if it's too early to wear black tights?

I have zero confidence in my appearance since I've had my kids. I put tonnes of weight on in my legs especially and, apart from the potential cold, I'd feel much better in myself if I could cover them up.

Appreciate your thoughts ladies!

Runningupthathill82 Mon 05-Sep-16 16:06:38

I reckon it is a bit early for black tights - but that said I don't think I'd ever wear black tights to a wedding anyway.
More importantly, though,you need to be comfortable. If you're happy in yourself and having a great time, nobody is going to care what's on your legs.
So nudes, opaques, trousers, whatever, as long as you feel comfortable and confident.

Blue4ever Mon 05-Sep-16 16:08:51

How long is your dress? Personally I think it's fine if your dress suits black tights, but the dress needs a bit of colour. You can balance it with a bright pashmina or scarf?

justilou Mon 05-Sep-16 16:16:18

If it's daytime and outdoors, perhaps it might be. If not - I'd do it for sure!

missmillimentscardigan Mon 05-Sep-16 17:06:24

I wouldn't wear black opaques to a wedding. They don't look smart enough. Get yourself some shaping nude tights. They'll look so much better.

sparklefarts Mon 05-Sep-16 17:09:47

If they go with your dress then I can't see why not! I'm actually surprised other people think they are a no go.

justilou Tue 06-Sep-16 08:59:13

I was thinking that the weather (at the moment and depending where you are) is a bit warm, not making a statement about the suitability.

superworrier Wed 07-Sep-16 18:52:20

Thanks ladies. Think I'm going to have to suck it up and go nude legged and focus on getting legless instead so I can forget about how self conscious I am!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now