Talk

Advanced search

Cheaper alternative to Avene Extremely Gentle cleanser?

(15 Posts)
midnightmoomoo Sat 18-Jun-16 10:08:46

Just that really. I know it's only £10.50 but I'd be interested to see if I can find a cheaper alternative.

My skin is sensitive, I don't wear tons of make up and I'm prone to spots (although this has improved massively in recent months).

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 18-Jun-16 10:11:56

Boots do regular 3 for 2 on lrp.

Bubble2bubble Sat 18-Jun-16 10:12:14

Avene often do 25% off, or 3 for 2 offers - if you hang on for a while one should come up. I also saw some kits the other day £20 for cleanser, water spray and moisturiser which seems good value. Love Avene smile

Wolpertinger Sat 18-Jun-16 10:15:31

Cetaphil

But not as good for taking off makeup. Difficult, it's a really good product.

midnightmoomoo Sat 18-Jun-16 11:01:57

I did wonder if the 3 for 2 would be the best way to go. Thanks.

Indecisivejo Sat 18-Jun-16 11:27:57

Coconuts behave yourself ;)......on a serious note my mum used to use that Avene one and switched to simple purifying cleansing lotion and removes with flannel, she actually prefers it. Wish I could find cheaper alternatives to my skincare cos it's ££££!!!!!

MitzyLeFrouf Sat 18-Jun-16 11:39:54

Keep an eye on the Escentual website. They often offer 30% off the French pharmacy brands inc. Avene.

midnightmoomoo Sat 18-Jun-16 12:07:01

Afternoon Jo! Knew I'd see you here. Hmm, Simple. I take mine off with a warm flannel so might have to try it.....

sue51 Sat 18-Jun-16 12:21:22

Aqueous cream , cheap as chips and was recommend to me by a dermatologist.

Indecisivejo Sat 18-Jun-16 12:50:32

Ha ha we must stop meeting like this ;). Let me know if u do try it.
I tried the aqueous cream years ago and thought I was onto a winner until I started getting big sore red spots along jaw line sad

It's not an awful lot cheaper (£8.99 iirc), but I prefer Cetaphil to the Avene. When I got mine it had a third off at Superdrug. I use a separate eye makeup remover.

coffeeaddictedandfat Sat 18-Jun-16 17:30:33

oil cleansing? that's what I switched to from Avene a while ago. I used hazelnut oil (tesco) and castor oil (eBay).

vintagechick43 Sat 18-Jun-16 18:27:12

I usually use liz earl hot cloth cleanser but have just switched to superdrug vitamin E hot cloth cleanser. I think it's just as good as liz earl and I too have sensitive skin.

OlennasWimple Sun 19-Jun-16 03:45:16

Cetaphil

midnightmoomoo Sun 19-Jun-16 21:42:40

Thanks for the suggestions. I have bought the Simple cleanser today, seemed fine when I used it earlier so will see how I go with it, if not will try Cetaphil. If not that I'll have to stick to the Avene and be sure to buy on the 3 for 2.

Thanks again! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now