Talk

Advanced search

Bras - worked out what size - now what shape?

(6 Posts)
RaisinGirls Thu 19-May-16 15:58:42

Ive just measured myself according to the bra intervention rules and Im a 34E.

Can anyone give me any advice as to how I work out what shape fits me best - eg plunge, balcony, balconette? Im trying to order some online - need a new bra for an event on Saturday and no time to get to shop. Im happy to order a few and send back what dont fit, but Im a bit perplexed by all the different names and styles and how they differ.

Oh, and if anyone can point me in the direction of somewhere online to buy lovely bras, I will love you forever

KatharinaRosalie Thu 19-May-16 16:02:42

What are you wearing for Saturday, what neckline? Should it be plunging or rather a smooth invisible one?

RaisinGirls Thu 19-May-16 16:25:19

its a v neck dress so need something which will work with that.

RaisinGirls Thu 19-May-16 16:26:49

Although I am wondering if I am really a 34E as although the bra intervention says that I am wearing a 34e and the cups arent totally full at the top where the straps are - a legacy of breastfeeding?

KatharinaRosalie Thu 19-May-16 16:29:47

If you want to show a bit of a cleavage with v-neck, plunge is what you're looking for. However, boobs that are a bit empty on top usually work better with half-cup and balconette bras. You probably don't want a full cup bra, as this might show with a v-neck.

Websites: brastop, bravissimo, figleaves, ebay.

RaisinGirls Sun 22-May-16 19:06:19

Thanks I got a plunge from bravissimo. Perked me up no end!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now