Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Using honey as a cleansing mask- anyone tried?

(9 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 13-May-16 16:23:33

Many years ago (in the 80s) I read a book written by Linda Evans (she of "Dynasty" fame) about her beauty tips.
She used honey, you apply and keep patting it onto the skin till it goes tacky , the theory is it helps clear the pores by the 'suction' action.

So, I have honey and I can prep myself in the shower so it's less messy .
It does seem a bit like those Homemade Facepacks in Jackie or Blue Jeans (shows age here) made from oatmeal and egg.

So should I try it or just EAT the stuff?
grin

EatShitDerek Fri 13-May-16 16:24:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EatShitDerek Fri 13-May-16 16:24:56

EatShitDerek Fri 13-May-16 16:25:55

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Fri 13-May-16 16:27:38

I would try it. Not sure about the suction action, but honey has many skin healing properties. I think it would be moisturising too? If you have a go, come back and report!

Bolingbroke Fri 13-May-16 16:38:31

I have used manuka honey on acne, either on its own or mixed with a clay mask. You can also put it in a body scrub, with sugar and olive oil. Give it a go!

dragonsarebest Fri 13-May-16 17:20:06

Manuka honey is great. You can mix it with ground almond to make a v gentle scrub mask. Honey is soothing and anti-bacterial I believe, and iirc the sugars have an exfoliating action (I may be making that up).

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 13-May-16 17:29:56

grin @ Mankind Honey

I'll give it a try (bog standard honey I have here though) the tackiness should help stimulate my circulation with micro massage (or something. Sounds vaguely cosmetic terminology)

redhat Fri 13-May-16 17:35:32

I use aspirin dissolved in honey. Its a great face mask. nothing to do with the tackiness thought. It doesn't go that tacky.

I read recently that a very large amount of the honey labelled Manuka honey is just regular blended honey. Apparently way more Manuka honey is sold in the world that is actually produced. I can't see how it would be any better as a beauty product even if the dubious claims re eating it are to be believed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now