Talk

Advanced search

How do you remove facial hair?

(30 Posts)
TigerPath Mon 25-Apr-16 07:28:12

Around mouth and chin? Lots of fine dark hairs that are too fine to wax, they don't come out! Creams just irritate my skin.

So I pluck them one by one and it takes so long!

Tried a threading-wand, that didn't work either.

I have a baby so need something quick and effective!

mrsmugoo Mon 25-Apr-16 07:29:06

I epilate mine

NicknameUsed Mon 25-Apr-16 07:31:52

So do I mrsmugoo. It is the best option for me.

GreenMarkerPen Mon 25-Apr-16 07:40:39

electric shaver
doesn't irritate the skin and is quick.

Palomb Mon 25-Apr-16 07:41:41

I used an epistick and now have a lumea.

MrsSchadenfreude Mon 25-Apr-16 07:42:57

Epistick from Amazon. Cheap as chips, quick and effective. And tweezers for the odd bristle.

sonlypuppyfat Mon 25-Apr-16 07:45:14

I go to a stand in my local shopping centre where the brilliant Asian women whip it all away for a few quid

rosyleigh Mon 25-Apr-16 07:53:50

Don't use the waxing strips, use the pots of wax that you melt over the hob. Like this one http://m.boots.com/h5/cathub?unCountry=uk&path=%2Fen%2FSmooth-Appeal-Original-Facial-Hair-Remover-Waxx_17571%2F

Wax clings far better to each individual hair. Been using since I was 13.....🙊
My daughter 12 has inherited my hairiness and has begun to insist I use on her too (she has a fine downy shadow) this works on her tiny fine hairs too. I also use on my eyebrows.

annandale Mon 25-Apr-16 07:55:51

Decent disposable razor and I wet shave twice a day. Hate it.

If we ever have more income I will try the Phillips lumea.

KittyKrap Mon 25-Apr-16 08:01:23

Lumea works best on dark hair/pale skin and yep, it does work. I quite enjoy the feeling of a bristle and knowing I can tweeze it out blush

mammmamia Mon 25-Apr-16 08:05:20

Just go and get it threaded - takes minutes

Dixxie Mon 25-Apr-16 08:08:23

Laser treatment in a salon or at home) Boots sell the devices). Work a treat, not painful, gone forever and you can do your bikini line, legs and pits too.

itsbetterthanabox Mon 25-Apr-16 10:13:48

Get it threaded or waxed professionally.

carrie74 Mon 25-Apr-16 10:40:44

I use the Boots version of Lumea - So Smooth, does the trick.

murphys Mon 25-Apr-16 10:47:52

Another vote for threading. Not the do it yourself one though, because yes its a bit painful, but they are so quick, its done before you know it.

AdoraKiora Mon 25-Apr-16 12:09:20

Upper lip waxed professionally every 4 weeks. I pluck out any thick strays that crop up in between.

Eyebrows threaded, but just can't bear the pain of threading on my upper lip.

freshprincess Mon 25-Apr-16 12:12:32

Epistick every few after a recommendation on here.

SpoonintheBin Mon 25-Apr-16 12:16:49

I have learned to do threading on myself ! It's tricky at first but it works well on fine hair and costs nothing. Lots of videos on YouTube.

sonata1 Mon 25-Apr-16 18:38:27

Epistick from ebay. Just over a £1. I never go for threading anymore.

Ladybirdbookworm Mon 25-Apr-16 22:36:14

Kitty I love feeling them too grin

teta Tue 26-Apr-16 09:12:04

I have fine blond hair which is unsuitable for any laser hair removal.I'm also allergic to wax and depilatory creams.Braun Facial Epilator is brilliant and quick and doesn't normally hurt.Don't use when premenstrual though as skin is more sensitive then.

toomuchinternets Tue 26-Apr-16 12:40:00

I do the Veet wax strips on my tache every 4 weeks or so

Pluck out the big beasties on my chin/neck daily

Do the whole thing with the Lumea every few weeks

HATE being so bloody hairy!

crystalgall Tue 26-Apr-16 12:58:35

I thread my upper lip myself. It was a big thing when k was in college and we would all spend ages during free periods practicing on each other to get the technique right! It's a bit of a knack but dead easy once you know how.

Howeve threading my chin brings me out in spots so I have to pluck with a tweezer and it's annoying because sometimes the hair breaks so I get these black 'spots' which are gross.
May try lumea. Is it any good on Asian skin?

AreBags Tue 26-Apr-16 21:05:42

What kind of wax have you tried? Strips are rubbish but this stuff is great. You have to heat it on the hob which is a faff but I hear it once then pour into a bowl and microwave after that. £10ish in boots and lasts aaages. (I've tried to attach a picture but if it's not worked its parissa hot facial wax)

AreBags Tue 26-Apr-16 21:06:43

Great minds rosy grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now