Talk

Advanced search

Footner! Applied 48 hours ago and nothing but a bit more dry than they were. Repeat it or hang fire?

(24 Posts)
Wherediditland Sun 24-Apr-16 23:24:10

Desperate for this to work- my feet are a disgrace.
I left it on just shy of the 60mins as I had to go downstairs and it was oozing over the top of the bags etc so couldn't walk with them on.

Do I accept this as a failure? The literature said up to 5 days I think for all the skin to come away but it really doesn't feel like anything is happening and I need action by midweek as got to go barefoot at an event

Repeat or hang fire?

ouryve Sun 24-Apr-16 23:25:57

It takes a few days. In a day or two, you'll have a bath or shower then notice a bit of peeling, like after sunburn. Once it gets to that point, give your feet a good soak.

You'll probably not be able to go barefoot, midweek, mind. You'll be at peak shed, by then!

VimFuego101 Sun 24-Apr-16 23:26:44

Leave it a couple of days more and it'll turn into Foot Armageddon.

MrsLettuce Sun 24-Apr-16 23:27:22

Hang fire and soak, soak, soak. Every day. At least twice and for ages.

Is it the middle of this week you need them sorted for?

redmimi Sun 24-Apr-16 23:49:36

It was day 6 before anything happened for me and I nearly gave up hope. I am now shedding skin everywhere grin.

It helped when I started putting the plug in when I had a shower to soak my feet a bit.

Stellar67 Sun 24-Apr-16 23:51:30

Hang fire. Soak your feet daily if you can. It works! I count the days till I can hide my feet for a week.

Stellar67 Sun 24-Apr-16 23:52:44

Sorry mrslettuce already said all that. blushI'm overkeen.

debbiedidit Mon 25-Apr-16 03:41:53

If you can leave it on for two hours next time the results are amazing wink

Frostycake Mon 25-Apr-16 10:41:16

Mine took four days to even show signs of peeling iirc.

Then the skin looked like crazy paving (remember that?)

all in all it took about 12 days from start to finish so you wont be able to wear open shoes mid-week.

Next time, allow yourself two weeks and soak your feet every day.

momb Mon 25-Apr-16 10:46:34

Barefoot midweek shock well that was awkward timing!

Soak as often as you can. Wear socks and keep your feet as warm as possible.

Next time allow yourself the 10-14 days on the packet: much less stressful!

makingmiracles Mon 25-Apr-16 10:49:45

As others have said, leave two weeks next time, also before applying it, soak feet in warm water and lemon juice-the lemon juice helps break down the enzymes in the skin so the treatment should be more effective.

momb Mon 25-Apr-16 10:52:56

On mine it said 5 days before you would see an effect, not 5 days to complete the process. May be they have changed the formulation and packaging since last year..but 5 days does seem very optimistic.

chipsandpeas Mon 25-Apr-16 10:56:13

was about 4 days for the peeling to start for me then about another week before it had all gone

Lucked Mon 25-Apr-16 11:02:59

Eek, you might be in trouble with the event you need to go to. I am not sure if you should soak your feet, might be best to hope nothing starts till after the event. Mine took about 6 days to really start and about 5 to fully peek. They looked pretty bad in the middle, I could not have gone out with uncovered feet.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Mon 25-Apr-16 11:10:01

oh no barefoot for you!

it took a week for anything to move on my feet, I did use the fake footner, and I soaked my feet before hand, ...which I think may have been a mistake

I put the plug in the shower every damned day too to give them a daily soak and some encouragement to peel, but like i said it was a week before anything happened and another week of peeling while I was on holiday.

So my holiday evenings were spent unwrapping lovely scaly crocodile skin off my toes :D ...I greatly enjoyed this, dh said it was vile.

carrie74 Mon 25-Apr-16 11:19:55

I used the real Footer, and I think it was nearly a week before any real action started. I wasn't great at remembering to soak my feet though, but it definitely helped things along when I did. Going to yoga while shedding was embarrassing.

shovetheholly Mon 25-Apr-16 11:55:00

Yep, another one where Footner took a week! For god's sake don't repeat it yet - your feel will fall off!! grin

I just tried the cheapo Purederm ones from Amazon - hoping they work as well.

Drinksforeveryone Mon 25-Apr-16 11:56:16

I did mine again recently - it took over a week before peeling commenced.

Still peeling now in fact.

As a pp says, put the plug in whilst showering - any soaking opportunity is good once they get dry. It will assist with the peeling.

Enjoy !!

Drinksforeveryone Mon 25-Apr-16 11:56:55

I use the cheapo ones - they are fine.

Bought three last time as they were so cheap - have one left for use post summer ;)

Wherediditland Mon 25-Apr-16 23:38:41

Shite I'm really going to rethink the sling backs aren't I?!

I haven't soaked them at all aside the two showers I have daily and still no sign of a peel- just rough as sandpaper and hard and a bit more yellow than usual.

Am soaking in bath now.
Wednesday night is not looking good is it?
confused

primitivemom Tue 26-Apr-16 02:03:47

Lol, I've been waiting all week and nothing!

primitivemom Tue 26-Apr-16 02:03:52

Lol, I've been waiting all week and nothing!

Wherediditland Fri 29-Apr-16 10:01:06

Grrr not peeled yet

Just all sort of sharp and itchy

It's been 6 days I think
Wait or repeat?

momb Mon 02-May-16 13:02:13

keep them warm (ideally a bit sweaty). soak each night.
Do not repeat until your feet look normal (ie not scaly or dry at all).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now