Talk

Advanced search

Marks and Spencer - coupla nice things

(62 Posts)
JackandDiane Wed 30-Mar-16 09:21:34

Work really
This jacket over a plain black tee with the Gap cigarette trousers and lace up flats
www.marksandspencer.com/long-sleeve-textured-jacket/p/p22431068?image=SD_01_T59_0848J_KY_X_EC_90&color=IVORY&prevPage=srp

And this blouse with skinnies and heels ( bought in store - see with horror gets bad reviews) I like the sheer soft cotton tbh
www.marksandspencer.com/long-sleeve-bow-blouse/p/p22427730?image=SD_01_T41_6691_Y0_X_EC_90&color=BLACK&prevPage=srp

JackandDiane Wed 30-Mar-16 09:24:47

oh and these round sunglasses - the shape looks SO much more up to date, I love them
www.marksandspencer.com/round-sunglasses/p/p22436989?image=SD_01_T01_4009S_N0_X_EC_0&color=BROWN&prevPage=plp

Ilovetorrentialrain Wed 30-Mar-16 12:49:57

I love that blouse (esp the material, so glad it's not polyester). This is a shocker. Never liked anything M and S before!

JohnCheese Wed 30-Mar-16 13:12:01

Really like the blouse and the sunglasses. I really need to update my sunglasses.

JackandDiane Wed 30-Mar-16 15:27:43

i think the big shade type ones are GORN
I wanted some with mirror lense but the only ones they had were too big for my face - might be suitable for someone with a wider face

MAYBE these ones www.marksandspencer.com/sleek-metal-brow-sunglasses/p/p22447999?image=SD_01_T01_4032L_XX_X_EC_0&color=SILVER&prevPage=srp

lexloofah Wed 30-Mar-16 20:49:46

I went on the site the other day just for school shirts but ended up ordering quite a few nice things which arrived today, two highlights are:

this dusky pink cardi with gold buttons looks a bit Ralph Lauren-ish

And thinking ahead to summer this sunhat

I like the black top but viscose is a sod to iron and crumples even when hanging on the back of a door on a hanger with nothing touching it.

I like this but dd2 told me I'd look like a pumpkin in it. And if JackandDiane is who I think you are, you will detest it!

I like the look of these jeans for spring.

And intend to try this jumper on but it looks as if it will be too short.

Behooven Wed 30-Mar-16 23:57:05

Maybe M&S read the big thread on here?

RonaldMcDonald Thu 31-Mar-16 00:25:34

I really love the stuff posted by jackanddiane
Also like the striped jumper

Had mini cadenza at pink cardigan

Floisme Thu 31-Mar-16 08:33:27

I like that orange skirt - nowt wrong with pumpkins.
The blouse is pretty but I cannot look at a pussy bow without thinking of Mrs Thatcher.
That stripy jumper looks like a good buy if it's really pure wool.

I was thinking the other day that although I can moan for England about M&S, two of my best buys this last year were a Barbour-look-alikey jacket and some grey ankle boots, both Indigo Collection. And I tried on some Autograph girlfriend jeans yesterday and they fitted like a dream.

SqueegyBeckinheim Thu 31-Mar-16 08:38:31

I've ordered this

www.marksandspencer.com/checked-boyfriend-shirt/p/p22427929?image=SD_01_T41_3367_KA_X_EC_0&color=KHAKIMIX&prevPage=plp

I thought it might be nice over skinnies for in between weather days.

I highly recommend Autograph black skinnies - lovely jeans.

JackandDiane Thu 31-Mar-16 12:06:43

I'm sashaying to London tonight. Think I'm doing the shirt with distressed. wink blue jeans. Black high ankle boots

JackandDiane Thu 31-Mar-16 12:11:29

Lol at pumpkin skirt. It's me. I look like a ship in full sail in them. I'm toying with the boden Ruched skirt for work this summer with a plain shirt n heelz
But not these ones. Ew no
m.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-skirts/wg657/womens-ruched-skirt

JackandDiane Thu 31-Mar-16 12:12:21

I love my gap resolutions. Really good fit on the thighs.

Ilovetorrentialrain Thu 31-Mar-16 12:59:01

OP I love that rouched skirt!

Ilovetorrentialrain Thu 31-Mar-16 12:59:43

Would work well with the M and S blouse would it not?

lorelei9here Thu 31-Mar-16 13:48:44

re the blouse
I don't own anything viscose - I didn't think it creased? I also thought it was a bit polyester-y but I probably have that wrong. It does look very nice IMO.

Ilovetorrentialrain Thu 31-Mar-16 13:53:48

Hmm hang on a minute JackandDiane is the shirt soft textured (a bit like thin jersey) or silky / crepe like polyester? Hovering over the 'add to basket' button...

Ilovetorrentialrain Thu 31-Mar-16 14:26:44

lorelei I've found viscose can be either t shirt like/jersey or crepe kind of texture (like polyester can be), depends what they do with it. One I like, one (crepe like)... not good.

lorelei9here Thu 31-Mar-16 15:36:58

thanks ilove
maybe I'll take a chance and try the shirt...if anyone else has it, let us know your thoughts.

Ilovetorrentialrain Thu 31-Mar-16 15:45:18

I've 'zoomed in' on the M and S site and the cream version does look a bit like it could be polyester-y crepe type texture. Can't see well enough on the black.

JackandDiane Thu 31-Mar-16 16:29:21

It's polyesterish but IMO looks like sheer cotton from. Distance. I'm wearing it now. Love
Think wrong texture for skirt. I don't like mixing texture

JackandDiane Thu 31-Mar-16 16:31:33

I'm between 12/14. Got both and kept 14. Looks nice out. Has no buttons on sleeves. I've got a plain best under for warmth but would wear without too. Would just show the silhouette of your "trunk"

JackandDiane Thu 31-Mar-16 16:32:57

Re creasing. Who knows. Looks ok so far. You can see where the tie was tied before so Obv creases a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now