Talk

Advanced search

I need a dress, possibly a red one and also the rest of the outfit!

(9 Posts)
DreamADream Mon 29-Feb-16 20:48:26

Ok so I'm crap at clothes, I tend to live in either work wear or jeans and a hoodie. DP and I have been having a rough time of it and have decided we need to do the whole date night thing and really male an effort to go back to when we were first seeing each other and get dolled up.

He really likes women in red, I've always been put off wearing it as it's so bold, but I've lost some weight and gained some confidence. I don't have a massive budget.

I'm only little, around 5'1 and varying between a big 8/10 and occasionally up to a 12. All my weight seems to be on my arse and thighs atm. If it helps at all size wise, I bought a sugar hill dress at the weekend which was an 8 which fitted perfectly on my top half but was slightly tight on my hips etc. I also tried on another dress which just didn't sit right as the waist was too low and the length was all slightly too long!

Thank you so much in advance for any help flowersflowers

MrsLettuce Mon 29-Feb-16 22:35:09

this is rather nice and ^very^ red. maybe too pricey

Do you actually like / suit / want to wear red though?

DreamADream Mon 29-Feb-16 23:04:26

Ooo I really like that! It looks like it goes in in all the right places.

I did make it sound a bit like I was only wearing red for him didn't I?! It does suit me and I do have a few red things already (including a dress), it's just something I've never really had confidence to wear muxh, I'm usually the one in something baggy and black!

ChristmasEvePJs Mon 29-Feb-16 23:22:40

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Adrianna+Papell+Short+Sleeve+Sheath+Dress/227533270,default,pd.html

Deumu Tue 01-Mar-16 03:39:27

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

GooseberryRoolz Tue 01-Mar-16 03:48:36

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Phase+Eight+Odette+grosgrain+dress/206380206,default,pd.html

This is very 1950/1990 retro and it's half price.

DreamADream Tue 01-Mar-16 06:56:25

Oh I love that phase 8 one! It is more than I was looking at spending, but it's so pretty!

teawamutu Tue 01-Mar-16 08:01:53

If you like retro, Google Lindy Bop Arlene. It's Jackie O style, bright red and cheap as chips. I get loads of compliments.

DreamADream Tue 01-Mar-16 18:48:00

I love lindy bop dresses, I think they tend to do petite sizes too. Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now