Skincare for 8yo

(3 Posts)
LovelyFriend Mon 22-Feb-16 12:16:28

I know I know it's way too young - I'd normally just be using a hot flannel.
But DD1 has started getting massive blocked looking pores on her nose - her skin is otherwise like silk velvet (it's extraordinarily soft). I have noticed they are much larger after she stays with her Dad for any period of time. Not sure if that is diet based? He usually bathes them daily.

I use the Boots Botanics Organic Cleanser on myself - it's very gentle and oil based. So over half term I got her to use some of this in the evening to clean her nose/face and she wipes off with a warm flannel, rinses and wipes again.

It seems to be working and nose pores definitely look more normal. I'm a little paranoid I'm doing her a disservice starting this so young.

Any one else's DD cleansing so young? Any advice appreciated.

MerryMarigold Mon 22-Feb-16 12:23:44

Maybe she doesn't actually wash her face properly at her dad's? I know mine don't unless they are told to and I often have to say, no wiping a wet hand on your face is NOT washing it.

I do moisturise my dd's skin after a bath and use a bit on her face too, but don't actually cleanse. I would have thought washing with a flannel would be sufficient, but if the cleanser is working then I can't see it doing any harm.

LovelyFriend Mon 22-Feb-16 14:14:13

I'll keep a close eye on it - and I will mention it to her Dad too.

He is normally quite OTT about cleanliness etc while I am comparatively relaxed, but yes he could be neglecting to make sure they wash their faces properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now