Talk

Advanced search

Bikinis

(11 Posts)
butteroneverything Wed 17-Feb-16 21:31:32

I need a bikini for a holiday next month. I'd like it to fit nicely and support my post-BF boobs which need a bit more help than they used to. I'm a size 10, 32D, but am not feeling great or very body confident after a recent late miscarriage so would like one that makes me feel good. My previous go-to places (Topshop, H&M, Warehouse and Primark etc) all look a bit flimsy these days so maybe I need to spend a bit more.

Where do you recommend for good bikinis that will last the holiday and the summer? Shops/websites or specific bikinis suggestions all gratefully received!

Kenworthington Wed 17-Feb-16 21:36:17

Bizarrely as I never ever shop there for anything else, next does really good supportive bikinis. I am sadly not a size 10 but I do have massive E-F cup boobs and their bikins come in underworld bra sizes up to an E, lush high waisted bottoms too if that kind of thing floats your boat- does me- tuck my tum in!

WickedWax Wed 17-Feb-16 22:20:00

Bravissimo do bra sized swimwear for D cup and above. I've got about 6 bikinis from there and some are a good few years old (I tend to buy one new one every year) and still going strong.

KeepOnPlodding Wed 17-Feb-16 23:40:48

Have a look at Figleaves - they have a huge selection of different sized tops and bottoms. I've had some from Freya and Panache that have lasted several years of holidays - surviving chlorine, sea, beach and sun cream!

If you can I would order loads of styles and sizes and try on at home - their returns are pretty good.

DianaT1969 Wed 17-Feb-16 23:46:17

You can pick up some cup sized bargains on
Leia (Freya/Fantasie mainly) and Airy Mary.
Brastop has lots of Curvy Kate swimwear.

butteroneverything Fri 19-Feb-16 16:16:18

Fab, thanks everyone. I'll have a look at those suggestions.

Bunbaker Fri 19-Feb-16 17:27:06

Debenhams offer a fantastic range of swimwear. I bought my last two bikinis from them.

GirlOverboard Fri 19-Feb-16 17:59:52

I always get mine from Floozie by Frost French at Debenhams. They're quite retro looking which I like and they go up to a G cup. They also do quite a few high-waisted bottoms which I like as I'm a bit self-conscious in anything too flimsy. This is the most recent one I bought: www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_064020542043_-1#BVRRWidgetID

Jaimx86 Fri 19-Feb-16 22:29:00

I love Victoria Secret. Shipped s bikini over from the sales a few years ago and would now not have anything else. Colour and shape stay great even after many wears.

321zerobaby Fri 19-Feb-16 22:30:07

Bravissimo do lots of nice bra sized bikinis, and the reviews are helpful too.

butteroneverything Sun 21-Feb-16 19:46:45

Just to update, I ordered a load from Next and am really surprised by how great they are. I don't usually shop there but these fit nicely, look good and less matronly than the ones which came from Figleaves. I've got a couple I really like now but will bear those last few recommendations in mind for next time. Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now