Talk

Advanced search

What short hairstyle would suit me?

(5 Posts)
AmurAmour Sat 06-Feb-16 18:48:39

I am late thirties and have thick, wavy dark brown hair. Really want to try a short hairstyle but don't know what would realistically suit me! As an adult the shortest I have had is a very short bob which looked good. My hair is currently shoulder length and I wear it up in a pony tail because the weight just pulls it down. I am not a fan of styling unless it's something simple and quick! I would say I have an oval shaped face. Can anyone make some suggestions?

GoGoNinjaDinosaur Sat 06-Feb-16 23:51:44

If your face shape is oval and you suited a very short bob you can probably get away with most styles. My current favourites-

AmurAmour Sun 07-Feb-16 08:44:48

Thanks Ninja. I do like those but can't imagine how they would look with wavy hair?

Germgirl Sun 07-Feb-16 09:00:37

I have wavy thick hair. It was almost waist length & I had it cut to the length of the pic of the right. It's now grown a bit & is more like the left hand pic. As it's so short the waves don't really show anymore but I do occasionall run a mini-straightener through the front heavy 'fringe-y' bit.
I love my new hair. I used to be in pain when I tried to brush the tangles out of my long hair and I wore it up all the time because I just didn't know what to do with it. And it took days to dry naturally. Now I don't even brush my hair! I occasionally run a comb through it but I don't even do that some days.
Go for it.

AmurAmour Sun 07-Feb-16 10:25:16

Really Germgirl? That's encouraging! 99% sure I'm ready to go for it, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now