Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Rosacea - what to ask doctor?

(2 Posts)
rubybleu Sun 17-Jan-16 13:58:44

I developed mild rosacea back in June this year. I saw a NHS GP in August who gave me Metrogel which does cure the worst of the bumps but I had a very stressful Nov-Dec (got married) & flushing is still there and getting worse, and Metrogel doesn't seem to work on redness.

My mum and sister were kind of horrified when they saw me without makeup at Christmas, so I need to do something about it.

I'm fortunate through my job to be able to access a private GP so I'm going to get an appointment next week. What do I ask for - should I be asking for a private dermatologist referral or is there any other medication to try? Would be grateful for any experiences that can be shared.

lurkingabit Sun 17-Jan-16 14:06:07

It probably depends on the severity, and what your GP thinks .
Hoeever if I were you, I would go to a good private derm. Your GP might be very good at treating this but you've already firstline treatment, with limited success. For a complete treatment for this usually long term condition, including maybe laser etc, and for the best possible result, I would go to a derm.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: