Talk

Advanced search

Last minute getting organized thread

(6 Posts)
FrustratedFrugal Tue 22-Dec-15 10:23:52

Anyone else who is trying to get things sorted out before Christmas?
It could mean a clearout, sorting through stuff, Kondoing a countertop, getting your hair and nails done, or just checking some items off a to-do list. It doesn't even need to be strictly S&B.

I've sorted out our last moving boxes today unopened since July, tried on my Christmas Day outfit (yay! it fits), done some cooking prep, and in the afternoon I need to go and get some parcels from the post office and wrap the presents. If I have time, painting my toenails would be great.

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 22-Dec-15 10:43:29

Checking in:

Yesterday I did a bit of a cull on my wardrobe and chucked a load of things I'd not worn in six months, and also got rid of about 50% of my tights, having replaced them with Falke ones in the HOF brand thingy. I also finally got round to getting DP to put up - I can't reach without faffing with a ladder - my summer pyjamas/loungewear so I have more space for my winter stuff. (That was far too late this year, but better late than never!)

Eyebrows threaded yesterday, hair being cut tomorrow.

Christmas eve I plan to have a bath and shave legs/arms/bikini area, then do finger and toenails. Christmas day outfit is already planned.

FrustratedFrugal Tue 22-Dec-15 10:55:45

Sounds great Judy! Much more fun to get all this done together!

I also need DH to put away some storage boxes (the door of the cupboard where we keep them is stuck) and we still have the ladder in the living room! I have just decluttered the sofa table. Also need to deep condition my hair tonight or tomorrow morning. Have just taken out a ton of empty cardboard boxes, but forgot at least two boxes confused

ginorwine Wed 23-Dec-15 13:54:03

Just had nails done !!!!
Hair tomorrow .then a good tidy !
Fairy lights on and fires light .
Take away and film to follow .
Oops big charity shop run first tho !'

mrslebon Wed 23-Dec-15 23:28:22

Just done nails. Had a bikini wax today (am 29 weeks pregnant so didn't want things getting too feral down there). Need to do toenails desperately so will do those tomorrow.

FrustratedFrugal Thu 24-Dec-15 08:10:52

Still haven't done my nails <ashamed> Cooking. Presents unwrapped. Did deep-condition my hair though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now