Talk

Advanced search

Please help turn ridiculous boots into workwear

(88 Posts)
potap123 Sun 20-Dec-15 10:20:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ememem84 Sun 20-Dec-15 10:35:48

No. Not deluded. I love them. and have a similar problem with irregular choice shoes

I'd keep it very simple. So simple classic dress/skirt/top and lovely boots. Maybe some rose gold jewellary....

EmilyPunkhurst Sun 20-Dec-15 10:43:47

This probably depends a little on your sector - if its arts/media/creative then no one will bat an eyelid, no matter what you wear them with.

If you're a barrister they might be a bit harder to pull off...

PreAdvent13610 Sun 20-Dec-15 10:45:18

We have a woman at work who would wear shoes like that. She only does one crazy item per outfit and gets away with it.
They are lovely.
What sort of job do you do? I could never do my job in heels like that.

Ememem84 Sun 20-Dec-15 10:58:56

Also where are they from...?

BackInTheRealWorld Sun 20-Dec-15 11:01:40

The way to turn them into work wear is to wear them to work.
Sorted!

Cattington Sun 20-Dec-15 11:03:44

They're amazing. If you are a police constable, I'd say you're going to struggle to break into a run though smile

herecomesthsun Sun 20-Dec-15 11:04:48

yes, where from?

EmilyPunkhurst Sun 20-Dec-15 11:10:52

They're Sophia Webster

HortonWho Sun 20-Dec-15 11:19:27

I can't see this in an office, sorry. You're obviously not the sort of eccentric person who would pull it off as the norm, as pp described, because you wouldn't be asking on here.

They would look lovely for dinners out and weekends - I think you could get lots of use out of them year round without needing to justify it as office wear.

potap123 Sun 20-Dec-15 11:44:09

potap123 Sun 20-Dec-15 11:45:19

EmilyPunkhurst Sun 20-Dec-15 11:56:31

I'm a bit sad that you feel blush about buying them Potap. You bought them because you love them and they give you pleasure: that's good enough surely?

I hope you strut with pride and that every time you look at your feet you smile!

herecomesthsun Sun 20-Dec-15 11:57:41

I think they are showstoppers. I wonder how well the stiletto heel will wear? and also they are suede so a little more fragile. I would be tempted to save them a little for days when I wanted to make an impression therefore. And also might be inclined to walk to work in something else (I have had too many stilettos caught in gratings).

Mega fab for Xmas parties/ Xmas day/ New Year etc.

exWifebeginsat40 Sun 20-Dec-15 12:01:37

they are fabulous. way back when i worked in an office and my knees worked properly, i would always do business wear with awesome shoes.

head up, shoulders back and rock them with confidence.

NashvilleQueen Sun 20-Dec-15 12:05:55

They're completely gorgeous. They will make grown women cry at their undeniable beauty. You will have comments and questions about them endlessly. I'm very envious! Wear them with pride.

potap123 Sun 20-Dec-15 12:14:53

herecomesthsun Sun 20-Dec-15 12:16:51

yes, have to be careful re flooring! in that case, yes they would be great with a plain black dress...

omri Sun 20-Dec-15 12:20:37

They are stunning!! Wear them as much as you can. Skinny black trousers and black top for work?
Wear them with pride- people will definitely comment on them so be proud of them not embarrassed! You'll be the office sexy stylish flower fairy

Twinklestar2 Sun 20-Dec-15 12:53:59

Amazing boots!

I'd wear them with skinny trousers or a black dress. You can always dress them down with opaque tights. Love them!

MuttonCadet Sun 20-Dec-15 12:55:52

Omg I love these!

amarmai Sun 20-Dec-15 12:58:09

Since they have wings , you don't need to run! Wear them with anything plain- suit, pants, dress ---and wear them often. They are amazing.

MuttonCadet Sun 20-Dec-15 12:58:14

Fine to wear for work, people will love them.

Elfontheedge Sun 20-Dec-15 13:02:27

I am jealous. Jealous jealous jealous.
I would wear them with very black opaque tights and really simple black midi dress.
Jealous!

superbfairywren Sun 20-Dec-15 14:01:30

I would save them for parties and special occasions when you will be getting a taxi and won't be walking much! But if you want to wear them to work and it would be suitable I think an entirely black outfit with rose gold jewellery would look good with them. Black shift dress, opaques.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now