Talk

Advanced search

L'occitane Almond Shower Oil

(9 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Sun 29-Nov-15 10:25:30

Any Mumsnet users of this product, does it leave the shower floor slippy?
I'm thinking of buying it as a treat but if it makes the floor slippy I 'll resist the purchase.

NewToNoContact Sun 29-Nov-15 10:31:36

No, it doesn't. It isn't greasy like a normal oil would be and it kind of foams a bit on contact with water. It is a really lovely product, and I haven't been able to find anything like it. I have been looking for a cheaper alternative for ages as it is a bit pricey for me these days. Go on and buy it. You can lather up without compromising on health and safety!

hollyisalovelyname Sun 29-Nov-15 10:32:17

Thank you smile

Whatthefoxgoingon Sun 29-Nov-15 12:41:02

I like the idea but I loathe the smell. I had to give my bottle away! I've not found anything of similar consistency either.

tappitytaptap Sun 29-Nov-15 12:56:46

Ooh I have a little bottle of this, must use it as I was thinking as you were it would be too slippery!

PestoSkiissimos Sun 29-Nov-15 12:58:48

Well I wouldn't use oil in either the bath or shower, just think what it would do to your drains.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 29-Nov-15 14:18:52

I use it and it doesn't make the shower/bath slippery.
I love the smell of it too.

There's an Almond Shower Gel in a near identical bottle which I bought in error once. It's 'okay' but nowhere near as nice as the oil.

Housewife2010 Sun 29-Nov-15 16:49:15

I love it, but I have found a cheaper (non almond scented alternative). Itd the le Maison de Senteurs Shower Oil from M&S. It's £8.50 but is on for 3 for 2 at the moment. I discovered it when I needed to make the minimum spend for the Advent Calendar. Although I love the l'Occitane - especially the gorgeous scent it leaves in the bathroom, the Maisons one is an excellent cheaper alternative. It has a light floral type of scent.

NewToNoContact Sun 29-Nov-15 17:49:27

Thank you Housewife - I will look out for that in M&S.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now