Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Does anyone use Estée Lauder daywear sheer tint? Can't decide if it makes me look healthy or weirdly tanned!

(6 Posts)
Jemster Sat 14-Nov-15 20:56:11

It's the moisturiser that comes out a kind of grey/green colour but that then changes colour to give a tinted moisturiser effect. I bought it after reading loads of good reviews but I can't decide if I like it or not.

I am quite olive skinned but often look tired & having just turned 40 I wanted something to make me look slightly more awake & healthy. This does do that but it also has a bit of a tanning effect which I'm thinking might look a bit weird in November! Also should I apply it to my neck too so that they're the same colour? Does anyone else use this in the winter months?

I also have Clinique's perfectly real foundation which I've used for years. It's a fairly light coverage but I caught sight of myself in the mirror at work the other day & thought it looked a little chalky & dry although the colour is a good match for me.

BringMeTea Sun 15-Nov-15 07:35:05

Is it the antioxident one? Mine comes out a wee bit lilacish i would say. I love it on me. Have rebought which is unusual for me.

MrsBertMacklin Sun 15-Nov-15 07:48:54

I think it depends on your individual tone. It made me orange. Gave it to a sallow toned friend, looks glowy and healthy on her.

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Sun 15-Nov-15 08:03:02

I love it in the summer when I have a bit of colour in my skin but don't find it quite right in the winter months. Have you tried Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser? Comes in a load of different shades and 2 different formulations (with and without oil depending on your skin type).

Jemster Sun 15-Nov-15 09:51:06

Bringmetea yes it is the antioxidant one. How do you apply it, just a light covering & to the neck?

BringMeTea Sun 15-Nov-15 09:53:51

Sparingly, don't do neck. But I am fairly tanned as live in the sun so I guess that may help avoid a big 'difference'? I like it to even out skintone and brightens a bit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: