Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lip colour for a make up novice

(9 Posts)
Orangesarenot Sun 08-Nov-15 21:45:14

I avoid lip colour because I'm terrified I'll smudge it or it'll dry out and look patchy. Does anyone have any suggestions for techniques or products that could get me started with lip colour? Lower budget if possible. Thanks very much.

ZacharyQuack Mon 09-Nov-15 02:57:00

Tinted lip balms might be a good start. I like Burt's Bees in Hibiscus, which is a sheer warm rose-brown, or Revlon Balm Stain in Honey a sheer natural pink. Both are sheer enough for your natural lip colour to show through and would probably work for a range of skin tones. They are moisturising and feel just like a lip balm, and they wear off evenly and don't smear or go patchy.

mewkins Mon 09-Nov-15 07:33:09

Revlin lip butter is fab. I have just bought the plum one.

NutCrackerSlacker Mon 09-Nov-15 15:06:21

Clinique chubby sticks are great. Balmy moisturising feel, but proper colour.

A sort of halfway house between coloured lip balms and gloss, and proper lipstick.

I love them for work, as the colour lasts pretty well and doesn't leave that 'lipstick satin' residue proper lipstick does when you've had two coffees and eaten your lunch grin

NutCrackerSlacker Mon 09-Nov-15 15:06:31

*stain

toastandmarmiterocks Mon 09-Nov-15 15:18:49

Benefit have a lovely moisturising lip thingy with a bit of a colour stain. I'll try and link. I'm into BarryM at the moment, found a lovely nude shade (150) and it's cheap as chips from Superdrug. Result.

toastandmarmiterocks Mon 09-Nov-15 15:19:56

m.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/view/benebalm

Orangesarenot Mon 09-Nov-15 21:40:25

Fantastic recommendations, thank you all. Toast, which BarryM one - the lip stain, the lipstick or the lippaint?

toastandmarmiterocks Mon 09-Nov-15 21:57:49

Its a lipstick, in a small black case. It lasts and it moisturises too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now