Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Salon shampoo or Lush shampoo bar

(5 Posts)
pussinboots61 Sun 01-Nov-15 17:41:59

I've been using a Lush shampoo bar for about a month, along with Vegenese conditioner and its been fine for my hair. However, my hairdresser, who isn't one for pushing products, said I am better using a better quality shampoo as now my hair has got in good condition I don't want it to go back. Does anyone here think the Lush bars are bad for hair?

ThursdayLastWeek Sun 01-Nov-15 17:46:13

I love using Lush shampoos bars. I have been using them for a few years, though I like to try different ones.

Why would continuing to use a product that was good for your hair make it go bad again?

MamaLazarou Sun 01-Nov-15 18:51:40

Just use what works for your hair. Hairdressers are never going to advocate Lush products as they can't make any money out of them!

GetOnYourDancingShoes Sun 01-Nov-15 20:08:49

I love the Lush shampoo bars.
My hair feels great (currently using Honey I Washed My Hair - smells lovely... and American Cream conditioner).

I'm having difficulty getting my head around the idea that using a Lush shampoo would cause your hair's condition to decline when you have been using it until now and have positive results hmm

pussinboots61 Sun 01-Nov-15 22:10:48

Thanks for your replies. My hair used to be badly damaged and its baby fine. I used salon products for years and they really worked, but then my hair started to feel a bit weighed down so I tried a Lush shampoo bar, after being put off by them for years, thinking how can a soap bar wash your hair but I did get one and had a comment from my friend telling me my hair looked thicker and she asked me if I was using something different. Then why I asked my hairdresser and she said that it made me wonder. I have bought a different salon shampoo this time and it made my hair feel good at first but now it's gone all frizzy and feels.coated, even though it's sulfate free.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: