Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What style of bag would you suggest for a black winter coat?

(13 Posts)
orlakielyimnot Wed 28-Oct-15 16:12:27

It's a down parka, more functional than stylish. None of my bags go but not sure what I should be looking for!

orlakielyimnot Wed 28-Oct-15 16:34:19

I've placed an order for a herschel plain black back pack but it can be returned. I'm still open to suggestions!

orlakielyimnot Wed 28-Oct-15 19:23:35

No one had any guidance?

orlakielyimnot Wed 28-Oct-15 19:23:53

Has even!

pdxs Wed 28-Oct-15 22:20:18

With black... a bright colour... red?

pdxs Wed 28-Oct-15 22:21:34

I would find it hard to know what to put with a parla... maybe a cross body bag, smooth leather or patent - for contrast

amarmai Thu 29-Oct-15 12:22:35

i think your plain black backpack is a great match-functional with functional and the black will look better than bright with the black parka. good choices op.

orlakielyimnot Thu 29-Oct-15 16:54:21

Just saw your comments, thanks for your input. I tried colour initially pdxs but that bag was"pretty " and it didn't go. I wanted cross body as it's what I like generally but couldn't find one that seemed to go in my minds eye. Hence asking for help! Thanks for the vote of confidence amarmie! I'm concerned I will look like the grim reaper. I don't wear much black. But it's only for the worst weather.

amarmai Thu 29-Oct-15 17:54:09

I picture you as looking very smart in great winter gear!I've put together a similar look- it's slimming and makes a statement IMO!

burnishedsilver Thu 29-Oct-15 18:10:04

A few ideas

orlakielyimnot Thu 29-Oct-15 18:28:02

Ooh, I like the idea of it being statement!

I like the yellow. I might have a further look with that in mind. The parka is knee length though. .. think any bag would have to be sizeable, like the back pack. Hoping it'll arrive this Saturday so I'll see how that looks.

leccybill Thu 29-Oct-15 20:04:48

I've got a yellow ('ochre') cross body leather bag and I love it, it goes with everything. Especially black, though.
I wouldn't spend too much though as mine has got some navy dye on the underside from rubbing on my skinny jeans.

LittlePie14 Fri 30-Oct-15 15:26:01

I've got a teal or bluey green colour Radley bag goes across the body (good sale bargain), I love it as it adds some color but is still so smart and gets some compliments.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: