Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What would you wear with this dress for a wedding?

(6 Posts)
beela Thu 22-Oct-15 17:09:00

www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/products/dresses/day-dresses/gypsy-sleeve-dress/plum/pd474plu/?level=1

It's a small week day wedding, no evening do, not particularly formal. I'm happy with the dress, just not sure what to put with it. A jacket? A sparkly cardi?

Let me know your thoughts ladies smile

PrimalLass Thu 22-Oct-15 17:29:23

I quite like this:

www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/products/sale/tops/knitwear/faux-fur-cropped-cardigan/black/pt316blk/?sale=true&level=2

Runningupthathill82 Thu 22-Oct-15 20:28:19

A jacket. Cream or pale grey?
Definitely not a sparkly cardigan, I think a cardie would look weird over a long-sleeved dress.
(also, IMO, sparkly cardigans are a bit "granny at the Mecca bingo", but others may disagree).

Also, with the dress being long sleeved, you probably won't need anything over it while you're indoors. With it getting into winter, you might want something more substantial over the top if there's going to be lots of hanging around outdoors for photos etc. Do you have a smart winter coat that would go?

Then, indoors, I'm thinking just the dress, some nice jewellery and shoes/bag?

Don't like that cardigan, sorry.

How about faux fur coat with a 20s-esque silver clutch and grey shoes?

SP25 Thu 22-Oct-15 21:38:04

I would say a smart blazer or leather jacket... smile

A cream lighter colour blazer will bring out the plum colour.

SP

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 22-Oct-15 21:41:37

Do you mean for inside at the wedding, or outside as in what coat to wear with it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now