Talk

Advanced search

Lipstick help

(9 Posts)
dontthinktwiceitsalright Thu 06-Aug-15 09:08:45

Does anyone know anything about lipstick colours ?

I'm very pale skinned and wear foundation with yellow undertones and have blonde hair

If anyone has a similar colouring and wears lipstick could you please tell me what colours suit you ?

I love the look of lipstick but am so useless at finding the right one so any help would be great!

Dukketeater Thu 06-Aug-15 09:15:46

I just go into MAC and try them all on.

Then I look up a dupe for it to get it cheaper if I can't stretch to the MAC one at that time although I usually just buy the MAC one.

What sort of colour do you want? There is a red, purple, pink, brown, orange, nude etc out there for everyone so choose a colour you think you want and then get a shade that suits.

Red is a classic and works for day and night so unless you have a preference then thats what i'd choose.

gaggiagirl Thu 06-Aug-15 09:20:37

I got a kerrrrrazzzzzzy white based pink/lilac matte shade from topshop on a whim once and its my perfect colour. Doesn't look so so crazy on just perfect for me.
I reckon its all down to dumb luck.

dontthinktwiceitsalright Thu 06-Aug-15 09:23:49

I don't think I'm brave enough to go for red . Maybe a more pink or nude sort of colour .

That's a good idea . I really hate make up counters though I like just knowing what I want so I can buy it and run away without being talked into to buying loads of stuff .I'm a complete sucker

Dukketeater Thu 06-Aug-15 09:27:07

Don't talk to them then, take a pack of alcohol wipes with you, wipe them down and try them for yourself. My local counter are so rude they don't even try to help so thats what I have to do. If I know I need help I venture further afield!

Maybe a lightly shimmery peachy colour would be lovely?

hollyisalovelyname Thu 06-Aug-15 09:35:27

Orange and peach lipsticks can make your teeth look more yellow so be careful with those colours if your teeth aren't very white.
Any celebrity with your colouring?
If so, see what looks good on them.
The alcohol wipes suggested is a great idea.
Don't attempt to try on a lipstick without using an alcoholic wipe as you could catch a cold sore.

dontthinktwiceitsalright Thu 06-Aug-15 10:32:56

Thanks for the tips everyone ! I shall do some celebrity searching

hollyisalovelyname Thu 06-Aug-15 18:25:13

Let us know how you get on.

VirginiaTonic Thu 06-Aug-15 18:29:19

I would go with a warm pink or coral.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now