Talk

Advanced search

Are belts a bit dated? Should I keep or sling mine?

(8 Posts)
mossycat Wed 29-Jul-15 08:01:47

Popping over from the kondo threads for some 'belt advice' from the S&B experts!

I've got a huge collection. (Thin/ chunky/ waist/ hip/ leather/ metal/ plastic/ elasticated - in all colours) had them for ages and never wear them. Have belts had their day, or should I keep them/some and add them to outfits?

MelanieCheeks Wed 29-Jul-15 08:04:07

Why do you never wear them?

MaryBerrysEyelashes Wed 29-Jul-15 08:04:57

Always wears belt if belt loops

southeastastra Wed 29-Jul-15 08:05:42

i love them just bought a lovely hip belt in the esprit sale

FrugalFashionista Wed 29-Jul-15 11:35:23

It depends on your body type. If you are an hourglass, they are never out of fashion. If you have my shape (very straight), you only use them for jeans. I don't have any dressy belts anymore.

burnishedsilver Wed 29-Jul-15 11:49:46

To me, that's like asking 'have shoes had their day?'. They serve a purpose. My trousers fall down without them.

If you never wear them get rid of most of them. Get rid of the plastic and elastic ones. You're obviously not a belt person so get rid of any chunky ones too. Keep a few functional leather belts.

Gem124 Wed 29-Jul-15 12:05:20

Keep skinny waist waists or ones that would fit through jeans loops, bin the rest.

MsBojangles Wed 29-Jul-15 12:23:17

I'm short waisted so avoid anything belted like the plague...apart from jeans, need belts to hold 'em up.

Seems a bit of a shame to chuck them out though if you like them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now