Talk

Advanced search

Ted Baker purses - advice

(10 Posts)
artylady14 Fri 24-Jul-15 18:09:04

Does anyone own one of these type of Ted Baker purses? I need a new purse and love the floral print. I usually use a zip around one as my purse is normally bursting with loyalty cards and receipts! I have a coin purse so am not worried about the clasp (unless it bursts open easily) but whether these purses fit much at all!
www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Accessories/Purses/MAWSON-Shadow-Floral-leather-matinee-Mid-Grey/p/119978-02-MID-GREY

SuperFlyHigh Fri 24-Jul-15 19:42:49

My ex colleague had one not that print but same size. As far as I recall it was a large purse fitting a few cards, coins, notes etc.

Can you go and see one in person so you can ensure its what you like/need?

I'm like you and like bigger purses but got a faux leather disaster designs one which is ok... Had a year and lining just tore.

SuperFlyHigh Fri 24-Jul-15 19:45:22

You can also see inside in your pics so holds hmmm 20 cards and has coin space And outside zip but unsure whether any inside flaps/pocket areas to hold notes and receipts.

SuperFlyHigh Fri 24-Jul-15 19:48:00

There are it seems 2 large flaps for notes and receipts but you may want more. I'd see if reduced in sale or wait for house of Fraser or other big reduction event/sale.

artylady14 Fri 24-Jul-15 19:49:18

I know. They are quite expensive and I know the condition of my current old purse - bursting at the seams with all sorts of rubbish. The floral ones are so pretty!

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Fri 24-Jul-15 19:57:59

I have had two purses from TB neither have lasted more than 6 months. I have an oral keely one now, it was a similar price to the TB purses, it's 3 years old and still going strong! I would never get a purse from ted baker again.

FortyFacedFuckers Fri 24-Jul-15 20:05:29

I have this one in pink
www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Accessories/Purses/MISSTI-Patent-crystal-frame-matinee-Nude-Pink/p/118322-57-NUDE-PINK I have had it for a year and it still looks as good as new. I love it I would go for it, it's gorgeous .

moab Fri 24-Jul-15 20:15:03

Forty I alwayd see ones like that in the sales and think they look lovely but do the clasps get in the way ?

TheCraicDealer Fri 24-Jul-15 20:22:36

I, my sis and friend have this design, the oldest of which is about three (mine) and still looks great. None have busted. I got it in a really bright colour so it's easy to spot at the bottom of my handbag, avoiding those "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY PURS- oh...there it is" moments.

I don't know about those designs, I only thought "might not hold many coins", but I see you have a separate coin purse. Wait for one of House Of Fraser's brand events, you'll get 20% off without having to wait for sale time and I swear they have one every other month!

artylady14 Fri 24-Jul-15 21:26:21

Both those purses are gorgeous. I didn't even think to look out for HOF brand events. I might treat myself as I have my birthday coming up. They are just so gorgeous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now